Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2019 Charger and Challenger press release thread

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the red badge goes with the scat pack widebody.

Seems it got a hellcat hood...trickle down or am I just wrong
It also has an R/T badge, which I thought was supposed to be missing from the Scat Pack...

devildodge

Reaction score
It also has an R/T badge, which I thought was supposed to be missing from the Scat Pack...
It is called the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Looks like we are getting closer to winning at tracks also...12 car lengths on a 2.1 mile road coarse with widebody package over a non widebody...AWESOME

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It is called the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Looks like we are getting closer to winning at tracks also...12 car lengths on a 2.1 mile road coarse with widebody package over a non widebody...AWESOME
Then is it just the Charger that is losing the R/T badges? I was under the impression Scat Pack was become more of a separate trim level to replace SRT392.

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
Can't wait to (eventually) get up and close with that new spoiler. I don't like the way the bottom hangs over the taillights slightly but the rest of it is really cool!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody could be on my list. I'm loving the Hellcat hood, fascia, SRT suspension, and widebody design.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_20180628_111243.jpg

IMG_20180628_111802.jpg

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Obviously most of you weren't at the Press Event at the What's New Event at the Chelsea Proving Grounds this morning... here is the official unveiling.

dreinecke

Reaction score
Base version will still be available.

Congrats on your purchase!

Mike
Thanks Mike! I am glad to hear the base will carry on. The new 2019 cars are amazing and cool. It is crazy the performance numbers on the track that the wide body Scat Pack turned in.

While I like most everything, I have to admit I'm not a fan of the Hellcat fascia on the Scat. I think that should be reserved for the 'Cats. The hood is fine, but the Scat lost it's R/T heritage with that. I suppose that was the plan, but I still like the more retro on the Scat. Personal preference, but still a wicked car. The HellCat and RedEye are simply insane! The powers here at this forum called out the trickle-down effect long ago. Great info and spot on as always gents!

I can remember living in Germany as a teenager when the muscle car era was rebooted. I was restoring my first 1968 Chevelle (before the internet and all you had were catalogs for parts and JC Whitney...gag) when the 1982 Camaro and Mustangs first came out. 152 HP seemed big at the time in an era of terrible cars. This was further illustrated when the 1984 Corvette and the Dodge Daytona/Plymouth Lasers appeared. When test "super cars" were shown running around with twin turbo motors pumping out 400hp, I thought to myself that it would never get better. I could not have been more wrong, and I'm happy to say so.

Great stuff Dodge! Crazy times are these!

devildodge

Reaction score
So, the burning question everyone’s asking: What will the Redeye do on the quarter-mile? If you’re a decent driver and patient with your launch technique, the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye can rip off quarter-mile times in the 10.80 zone at 131 mph. With some practice, good air and a set of drag radials bolted on, we’re sure the Redeye is capable of a nine-second time slip.

Excerpt from dodge garage article.

Looks like this one may be pretty potent...awesome...instead of breaking records, it may just be set up to make surprises for the other crowd.

Man is this a great time to be a Mopar fan.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking the prices went down for the new models?
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=20009&mid=1

Challenger SXT RWD $27,295
Challenger GT RWD $29,995
Challenger SXT AWD $30,295
Challenger GT AWD $32,995
Challenger R/T $34,100
Challenger R/T Scat Pack $38,995 – ($1,000 gas guzzler tax [GGT] on manual transmission)
Challenger SRT Hellcat $58,650 – ($1,700 GGT on all models)
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye $69,650 – ($1,700 GGT )

From what I recall, the Wide Body Hellcat was over $70,000 (though, the Wide Body option has not been priced, so this is not apples to apples).

I'm not in the market for a car, but man these things are tempting. A 485 horsepower Scat Pack for under $40,000 and with the option to add a Wide Body? A Hellcat for under $60,000? The Redeye for under $70,000?
If it weren't for the fact that I can't afford both, I'd get the wife a Scat Pack just so I would have one to play with (but the TRX will price me completely out of the car market).

Yep - I just checked:
https://www.dodge.com/compare/quick-chart.html?modelYearCode=CUD201803
The new ones cost less than the old ones (though you'll no doubt be able to get a deal on the outgoing models).

But . . . apparently, it is even less of an apples to apples comparison because some features that used to be standard, no longer are:

(Wide Body option is $6,000)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread