Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2019 Charger and Challenger press release thread

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Will the Charger ever be getting the Wide Body option?
Wife wants a four door and I see no point in having that much power without getting the Wide Body.
(theoretical question as I don't have room in my budget for a TRX and a Dodge - though I am hoping to someday augment the TRX with a used Charger, because I should be able to make that work, I'm just curious if a Wide Body Charger will ever be an option)

All I can say is Dodge Charger's best model year yet will be in 2020!!! That's all for now.

devildodge

Reaction score
So, what your saying is, the people belly aching about the charger not getting a power increase...will have all their pains taken away and it will be a distant memory

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
SPOTTED: 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack Night Testing:
Most Popular Performance Charger Gets Updates...

IMG_2761-780x405.jpg

2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack. (Real Fast Fotography)

A couple of weeks ago, we broke the news about the upcoming 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack getting the new SRT HELLCAT dual-intake grille. Now, our friends at Real Fast Fotography have caught the R/T Scat Pack back out on the public road, doing some night testing.

The R/T Scat Pack trim has expanded it's coverage in the Charger portfolio for the 2019 model year, as it covers where the 2018 model year but also replaces the gap left by the discontinued Charger SRT392 model. This particular test vehicle is equipped with the Dynamics Package. The Dynamics Package includes...

• 20-inch lightweight forged aluminum wheels in low gloss black that are bolder and wider
  • Pirelli all-season tires for better grip
  • 6-piston Brembo calipers and rotors in the front, 4-piston in the back for superior stopping power
IMG_2773.jpg

New for 2019, Launch Assist and Line Lock are now standard features on the R/T Scat Pack for optimum performance at launch from a standstill. A new switch on the dashboard provides quick access to initialize Launch Control, which coordinates the engine, transmission, driveline and suspension for an optimal launch and consistent straight-line acceleration.

R/T Scat Pack features the same new performance grille with dual air inlets as the SRT Hellcat and adds a new Scat Pack bee badge on the decklid, replacing the R/T badge. New Dark Dub Plate instrument panel and Houndstooth cloth performance seat with an added Scat Pack bee logo are also standard. Dual Carbon stripes, a Satin Black-painted hood and Bilstein three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension are added to the available options.

IMG_2766.jpg

Ordering has already began for the 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack. The vehicle will be showing up in showrooms this fall.

https://moparinsiders.com/spotted-2019-dodge-charger-r-t-scat-pack-night-testing/

Last edited:

Wilbur

Reaction score
I really like the direction they have taken with the Charger the last couple years.

It looks great!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
SPOTTED: 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Hits The Streets:
SRT Looks Make It To All The Entry Level HEMIs!

IMG_2533-780x405.jpg

2019 Dodge Charger R/T Prototype. (Real Fast Fotography)

A lot is new for the Dodge Charger R/T sedan for the 2019 model year. Still powered by the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, rated at 370 horsepower and 395 lb.-ft. of torque and mated to the standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, the Charger R/T gets a load of new standard goodies.

MG_0067.jpg

All Charger R/T models adopt the SRT looks with the last year’s R/T STP (Super Track Pak) front fascia, rear fascia, hood, spoiler, sculpted side sills and seats. The 2019 Charger R/T also gets standard features like performance suspension, 2.62 rear axle ratio, enhanced steering, steering wheel with paddle shifters, Dodge Performance Pages with the 8.4-inch Uconnect screen, Houndstooth cloth bolstered performance seats, new Dark Dub Plate instrument panel, and new 20-inch Satin Carbon and Black Noise wheel options.

IMG_1506.jpg

Available on the R/T is the new Cold Weather Package, which includes heated steering wheel, heated cloth driver and passenger seats.

IMG_2536.jpg

Ordering has begun for the 2019 Dodge Charger models. The cars should be arriving in dealership showrooms, this fall. Pricing for the 2019 Dodge Charger R/T starts at $35,495US.

https://moparinsiders.com/spotted-2019-dodge-charger-r-t-hits-the-streets/

devildodge

Reaction score
But, my meaning being, if you move those forward and if the originals were part of the hood instead of on top of the hood, they did exactly what they said.

And they look nothing like that GTO except that they are closer to the front.

Unfortunately they do look similar to the ram air on the Pontiac in the 90s.

But, they only look like in that they are farther forward.

The one FCA photo that is taken from the top like the demon pics you showed...makes it look closer.

But the argument is really as mute as the Demon name being used on an "ebody".

My favorite hood of all time is 73 roadrunner...and it is 50 years of the roadrunner and Super Bee in 14 more days at Carlisle. Hope to get lots of pics to share.

One of those roadrunners

https://m.facebook.com/ChryslerNati...156251030963930/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R

Users who are viewing this thread