It has been one full year since Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Groupe PSA (PSA) merged to create the fourth-largest global automaker known as Stellantis. The new Stellantis identity no longer considers itself as an “automaker” as it does a “mobility tech company” and believes to be at the forefront of a “new era of mobility opportunities, offering innovative, agile, and efficient solutions that will change the way the world moves”.
- Citroën C4
- Fiat Pulse
- DS 4
- DS 9
- Jeep® Commander
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (2-Row)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee L (3-Row)
- Jeep Wagoneer
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer
- Maserati MC20
- Opel Mokka
- Opel Rocks-e Quadricycle
- Peugeot 308
The company also managed to roll out several mid-cycle actions (MCA) updates on current products to help keep the current portfolio of fresh vehicles.
The company has also tried to strengthen its global financial operations in the United States with the acquisition of First Investor Financial Series and new partnerships across Europe. Those are partnerships in Europe include BNP Paribas Personal Finance, Crédit Agricole Consumer Finance, and Santander Consumer Financial.
“We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but the Stellantis community is well on its way and so the race is on,” said Tavares. “Stellantis will make the difference in the demanding environment in which we operate. It is our duty, and thanks to our competitive mindset, I am confident that our stars will continue to shine.”
Stellantis plans to announce its long-term strategic plan for the future on Tuesday, March 1st, 2022.
Stellantis Timeline –
- Wednesday, December 18th, 2019 – FCA & Groupe PSA Sign A 50/50 Merger Agreement
- Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 – FCA & PSA Reveal The Name Of The Future Company As “Stellantis”
- Monday, September 14th, 2020 – Both Companies Sign An Amendment To The Merger Agreement, Taking Into Account The Economic Impact Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wednesday, September 29th, 2020 – FCA & PSA Announced The Composition Of The Stellantis Board Membership
- Monday, November 9th, 2020 – The New Stellantis Logo Is Unveiled
- Monday, January 4th, 2021 – General Meetings of FCA and PSA Shareholders Approved The Merger Of The Companies
- Saturday, January 16th, 2021 – Merger Of FCA & PSA Is Completed
- Sunday, January 17th, 2021 – The New Combined Company Is Officially Named Stellantis N.V. (Stellantis)
- Monday, January 18th, 2021 – Stellantis Opening Bell Ceremonies On Euronext In Paris, France, and Borsa Italiana In Milan, Italy
- Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 – Stellantis Opening Bell Ceremony On The New York Stock Exchange
What have you thought of the Stellantis merger so far in its first year? Was it a good idea? Or a bad one? Let us know in the MoparInsiders.com forums or in the comments below.