The annual “Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge”, returns this weekend bringing back legal drag racing on historic Woodward Avenue and is now offering two days of events at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan. Of course, Roadkill Nights will also feature a ton of other activities for those who are looking to participate in the fun.
With two days of events, Friday evening will give participants the chance to get up close and personal with the race cars and the drivers, who will race on Woodward on Saturday. There will also be a burnout contest, free drift rides in 2019 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT and Challenger SRT HELLCAT Widebody models, live music, celebrity meet and greets, as well as a freestyle motocross stunt show.
Saturday is race day as Woodward Avenue is transitioned from a normal Metro-Detroit thoroughfare into a prepped drag strip. This year, two classes (Big Tire and Small Tire) will be competing for a cash purse of $30,000. An additional $10,000 will be donated to the United Way at the end of the day, as well. But let’s take a look at Saturday’s events.
- Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Widebody and Charger SRT HELLCAT Drifting Rides and Thrill Rides will be available around the M1 Concourse campus, including a section of Champion Motor Speedway which participants will be able to hit speeds at over 100mph in their favorite Dodge muscle cars.
- Leah Pritchett and her “Angry Bee” Mopar Dodge 1320 Top Fuel Dragster, and Matt Hagan with his new Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody Funny Car will be making runs down the Woodward strip.
- The $10,000 celebrity showdown drag race will benefit the United Way and offer some great racing with some awesome Dodge muscle cars.
- Both Macomb County’s Sheriff Wickersham and Oakland County’s Sheriff Bouchard will compete in an old-school grudge match on Woodward Avenue on Saturday, each driving a 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye “Pursuit” models with respective County decals in a Sheriff Showdown.
- Dodge’s Challenger SRT Demon simulators will be available for competition in their Drag Strip Showdown contest.
- A bunch of automotive celebrities will be on hand, like “Roadkill” co-hosts David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan; Chris Jacobs of MotorTrend’s Overhaulin’; Brian Lohnes of the NHRA; Cristy Lee, Faye Hadley and Bogi Lateiner of All Girls Garage; Bill Carlton of Texas Metal; Joe Martin, Amanda Martin and Jayson “Shag” Arrington of Iron Resurrection; Dave Kindig and Kevin Schiele of Bitchin’ Rides; Jared Zimmerman and Lou Santiago of Car Fix; Steve Magnante of Roadkill’s Junkyard Gold and Barret-Jackson Live; Bill Goldberg and Matt D’Andria.
- The new Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody and Scat Pack Widebody will be showcased, along with the rest of the Dodge performance lineup.
- Over 400 vehicles will be on display in the Show ‘n’ Shine section of the M1 Concourse campus (including our MoparInsiders.com long-term 2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD Sport Scat Pack Stage 1).
- There will also be available dyno for those who are wanting to see the horsepower outputs of their rides.
- Kids Zone fun area for the little ones.
General admission for spectator tickets is $10 per person, per day; $5 per person for Pontiac, Michigan residents (available on-site only). Two-day passes are available for $20. Children 12 and under are free. Admission is free for FCA employees with one guest (must show badge at the entrance).
Spectator tickets, Show ‘n’ Shine participation and package information are available now at hotrod.com/events/roadkillnights.
Drag Race Purse Per Class – Big Tire & Small Tire ($40,000 in total):
Both drag racing classes will have the same payout structure with $15,000 as the total purse per class. As part of the overall $40,000 purse, $10,000 will be donated to The United Way.
- Winner – $5,000
- Runner up – $1,500
- Semi Finalists – $750 (2 payouts)
- Quarter Finalists – $500 (4 payouts)
- Fastest Dodge-powered vehicle – $5,000
For more information on Roadkill and Roadkill Nights, follow on Facebook and Twitter. Fans can also follow the action for Roadkill Nights on Dodge Garage or on social channels with hashtags #RoadkillNights and #poweredbydodge.