Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) announced last week, that the Jeep® brand would be pulling out of the 54th Annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah this year, due to concerns of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis. The nine-day event takes place the week prior to Easter Sunday and puts some of the most capable Jeep rigs to the test on the awesome trails of Moab. The Mopar and Jeep brands have been using the event for the past several years to showcase some of its awesome concept vehicles builds, which allow the brands to get feedback on future Mopar Jeep Performance Parts as well as future Jeep vehicle design.
Both Mopar and Jeep plan on showing off their latest concept vehicles that were planned for the event. However, we will have to wait until a later date to see them.
Despite the Jeep brand not participating in the event this year, it isn’t stopping the event from continuing. As of the writing of this article, the local city council has approved a measure last week of defeating the restrictions on large gatherings, due to the town being driven by the tourism of the event. However, there are limitations to some of the events being held during the Safari and some of the scheduled events during the week have been canceled.
This news comes just a week after it was announced that the vendor fair would be canceled to limit large groups of people gathering in one place. However, trail rides are still a go for the event. More details about the 54th Annual Easter Jeep Safari can be found the promoter of the event (Red Rock 4-Wheelers) website.
For those who are still attending, be safe and have fun on the trails. The event runs from April 4th to the 12th.
2020 Easter Jeep Safari Update: RE Corona Virus
The emergency ordinance by the Grand County council and Moab City limiting attendance at special events has been extended to encompass motels and campgrounds in and around Moab.
Guests have three days to check out of all motels and campgrounds, they are then to remain closed for 30 days. All the restaurants are restricted to curb service only at this time.
In the best interests of everyone concerned, for the first time in 53 years, we are cancelling Easter Jeep Safari.
There is no need to contact us, your Event fees will be refunded to your credit card as soon as possible, your patience is greatly appreciated as these may take 30-60 days to process. Sorry, we do not have the ability to retain your payments for the 2021 EJS.
Please note – the trail of the month for March (3/21/20) and April (4/18/20) have been cancelled.
A lot of people have concerns that the trails around Moab will be closed if Safari doesn’t happen. This is not the case, the trails here are always open as they are BLM, Multiple Use Lands.
We appreciate your support through the years and hope to see you in 2021. Take care and be safe in your daily lives and travels.
– Red Rock 4-Wheelers