Dodge pulled the covers off of the sixth edition of its retro-themed muscle cars as part of its “Last Call” program, earlier today. The sixth edition limited edition is a modern-day take on the iconic ‘Black Ghost’ 1970 Dodge Challenger HEMI R/T SE owned by Godfrey Qualls, which ruled Woodward Avenue during the 1970s.
Qualls’ 1970 Challenger quickly earned a legendary reputation for flexing its 426 HEMI-powered muscle on Woodward and then driving off mysteriously into the night, not to be seen again for months, leading to the “Black Ghost” nickname. Not simply a local legend, in 2020, Qualls’ vehicle earned a spot on the National Historic Vehicle Register and remains in the Qualls family to this day. (You can see the history of the car in the video above.)
The 2023 Dodge Challenger ‘Black Ghost’ limited edition pays homage to Qualls’ Challenger by offering a Black and Chome appearance, including Black “Gator Skin” roof vinyl graphics similar to the original and is based on the Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye Widebody, with an additional 10 horsepower boost to 807 horsepower.
So far Dodge has announced the following “Last Call” limited edition models…
- 2023 Dodge Challenger Shakedown
- 2023 Dodge Charger Super Bee
- 2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Swinger
- 2023 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Swinger
- 2023 Dodge Charger King Daytona
- 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost
- (Yet-To-Be-Unveiled) Challenger scheduled for SEMA
“There are so many legendary muscle cars in Dodge brand history, it was hard to choose the seven vehicles we wanted to pay homage to with our ‘Last Call’ lineup, but the ‘Black Ghost’ was an easy pick,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge CEO. “The 2023 Dodge Challenger ‘Black Ghost’ is the prelude to what we’re going to unveil with our seventh and final special-edition model.”
2023 Dodge Challenger ‘Black Ghost’ Limited Edition –
Only 300 units of the 2023 Dodge Challenger ‘Black Ghost’ limited edition will be produced. Each will be built based on the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody in Pitch Black exterior paint.
The ‘Black Ghost’ limited edition includes the following equipment…
- Black “Gator Skin” Roof Vinyl
- Bright D-O-D-G-E Fascia Badge
- White Rear Fender Graphics
- Challenger “Script” Grille, Fender, and Spoiler Badges
- Midnight Metallic SRT Grille Badge
- Bright Fuel Filler Door
- Black 6-Piston Brembo Brake Calipers
- 3.09:1 Rear-Axle Ratio
- 20-Inch x 11-Inch Satin Carbon ‘Warp Speed’ Wheels
- Black Mopar Hood Pins
- ‘Black Ghost’ I/P Badge
- Alcantara/Laguna Leather Seats and Door Bolster
- Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red SRT Logo
- Rear Carbon Fiber Bezels and Dynamica Suede Headliner
The Challenger “Black Ghost” as with the six other “Last Call” special-edition models, will be allocated to specific dealerships, with pricing and dealer information shared on DodgeGarage.com when vehicle ordering opens later this fall.
2023 Dodge Challenger ‘Black Ghost’ Last Call Limited Edition Image Gallery: