Dodge//SRT has officially announced that the 2022 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye (the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world) is now available for sale in the Mexican marketplace. Raising the performance bar in the sedan segment, the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye produces 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque and a top speed of 327 km/h (203 mph).
To put that nearly 800 horsepower to the pavement, the new Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye boasts a Widebody exterior with integrated fender flares that add 3.5 inches of body width. A set of 20-inch x 11-inch Lightweight Carbon Black wheels are wrapped in Pirelli 305/35ZR20 rubber, which gives the Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye more tire tread where the rubber meets the road. A functional hood with air intakes gives the car an even more imposing look and allows for cooler air to get to the big supercharged HEMI engine.
Using the same powerplant from the limited-production 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® H.O. HELLCAT V8 is mated to a TorqueFlite 8HP90 8-speed automatic transmission. Internal changes to the transmission in the Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye include an upgraded torque converter. The Charger Redeye’s torque converter delivers an 18% increase in torque multiplication when compared with the standard Charger SRT Hellcat.
Like its Demon brethren, the Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s engine has 25 major component upgrades, including a larger supercharger, strengthened connecting rods and pistons, high-speed valve train, fuel injection system, and improved lubrication system.
Compared to the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® S.O. HELLCAT V8, the H.O. version features…
- A Larger Supercharger (2.7-liters v. 2.4-liter)
- Increased Boost Pressure (14.5 PSI v. 11.6 PSI)
- Higher RPM Limit (6,500 RPM v. 6,200 RPM)
- Two Dual-Stage Fuel Pumps
- At full throttle, the Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye can consume 1.43 gal/min (5.4-liters/min) of fuel – enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, yet the car is rated by the EPA with a 22 MPG Highway rating
- Larger Induction Air Box with Three Sources Of Air Intake –
- Functional Performance Hood
- Mail-Slot Grille Opening
- Air Box Opening Near Wheel Liner
Other additional features from the Challenger SRT Demon include…
- Torque Reserve – Delivers up to 3.9 PSI of boost at launch and up to 55% more engine torque
- SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller
- High-Strength Steel Prop Shafts – 15% increase in torque capacity
- 41-Spline Half-Shafts – Provide a 20% increase in torque capacity
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye is equipped with Laguna leather seats with Alcantara as standard and embossed SRT Hellcat logo. Complementing the race-inspired cabin are silver seat and console stitching, gloss black accents, and a Gunmetal SRT Hellcat instrument panel badge.
The Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye has several unique interior features, including…
- Red Analog Speedometer Calibrated @ 353 km/h (220 mph)
- SRT Hellcat Redeye Logo Splash Screen
- Gloss Black I/P Badge with SRT Hellcat Redeye Logo
- SRT Hellcat Redeye Logo On Key Fobs
- Steering Wheel with Illuminated SRT Badge and Aluminum Paddle Shifters
- Harmon Kardon Premium Audio System with 19-Speakers with GreenEdge Technology and 900-Watts Of Output Amplifier
For the Mexican market, there are four available exterior colors. Those colors include Smoke Show (PAE), TorRed (PR3), Frostbite (PCA), and Sinamon Stick (PEC).
The SRT Black Appearance Package will also be available. That package includes…
- Black Charger Exhaust Tips
- Midnight Metallic Exterior Badging
- Satin Black “Charger” Decklid Badge
- Satin Black “Dodge” Tail Lamp Badge
The 2022 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1,990,000 MXN (or about $97,060).