The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon became an instant icon. The limited-edition street-legal drag racer was the fastest mass-produced production car, upon its release. But there is a rare breed of enthusiasts out there, who believe that 840 horsepower just isn’t enough for them. So, those usually look for more performance elsewhere.
Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) in Sealy, Texas, is a tuner shop that takes high-performance vehicles and amps up their performance to “11”. Needless, this SRT Demon (which is #244/#3,300) was sent to the Texas tuner for a power upgrade using their HPE1200 package.
Costing a hefty $84,950 (almost the cost of the car), the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon HPE1200 upgrade package included the following equipment…
- 4.5-liter Whipple supercharger upgrade producing 14 PSI boost
- Forged engine internals
- Stainless steel long tube headers
- High-flow supercharger bypass valve
- Upgraded high-flow fuel injectors
- Dual Boost-a-pump factory fuel pump upgrade
- Upgraded fuel system
- HPE engine management upgrade & chassis dyno calibration
- High-flow air induction system
- Professional installation
- All necessary gaskets & fluids
- Chassis dyno testing
- Road testing (up to 200 miles)
- Hennessey embroidered headrest
- Hennessey exterior badge (rear)
- HPE1200 “Powered By Hennessey” badges (side & rear)
- Hennessey HPE1200 serial number plaque (interior)
- Hennessey HPE1200 serial number plaque signed by the technician who upgrades the car (engine bay)
- Powered By Hennessey premium floor mats
- 1-Year/12,000-mile limited warranty
The supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Demon V8 was modified by HPE including rebuilding the engine with forged internals and installing a 4.5-liter supercharger that produces 14 PSI of boost pressure. Other features include a high-flow air induction system, stainless-steel long-tube headers, high-flow fuel injectors, an upgraded fuel system, and an HPE engine-management system.
Dynamometer results indicate that the engine produced 1,013 horsepower and 954 lb.-ft. of torque, and an additional dyno sheet is provided.
Finished in Pitch Black, this 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is equipped from the factory with an optional rear bench seat, red seat belts, and a Harman Kardon sound system. The car shows 620 miles on the odometer and is offered on dealer consignment with its window sticker, a receipt from Hennessey, dynamometer sheets, an accident-free Carfax report, and a clean Arizona title.
Currently available on the popular automotive auction site “Bring A Trailer“, the bidding on this car ends on Saturday, July 9th. As of the writing of this article, the bidding currently sits at $135,000 USD.