Enzo Ferrari was once quoted saying, “Jeep is America’s only real sports car.” While his comment may have been a jab aimed at his rivals from Ford, today his words have come true. A 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk tuned by the team at Hennessey Performance has just run 0 to 60 mph in only 2.3 seconds on its way to a ¼ mile time of 9.66 seconds @ 145 mph. This makes the Hennessey Trackhawk the quickest accelerating SUV in the world.
Not satisfied with the stock Jeep Trackhawk’s already impressive 707 horsepower and mid-11 second ¼ mile performance, the Hennessey team takes the factory supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI HELLCAT V8 and turns it up to 11, with its HPE1200 engine upgrade. The HPE1200 engine modifications consist of upgraded pistons, rods, ported cylinder heads, camshaft upgrade, long tube stainless steel headers and a 4.5-liter supercharger system. Running on 109 octane unleaded fuel and 22 psi of boost pressure, the HPE1200 produces 1003 hp and 892 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. Factoring in a 20 percent driveline loss, this equates to more than 1200 hp and 1100 lb-ft at the motor.
“Our team really enjoys pushing the limits and discovering what’s possible with the vehicles we build,” said company founder & CEO, John Hennessey. “Some may say that it’s pointless to build an SUV quicker than nearly every supercar and hypercar on the market today. I say that is exactly the point. And because we can. Thankfully, we have many customers who also share our passion!”
In order to put all 1200 horsepower to the ground, the Hennessey Trackhawk is equipped with Nitto 555R 275/40-20 drag radial tires on all four wheels. The Hennessey team also created a unique feature that converts their Trackhawk to rear-wheel drive mode. This allows the driver to put heat in the rear tires by performing a rear wheel burnout at the dragstrip. Once the burnout is completed, just flip the switch and go back into AWD mode for maximum traction and acceleration.
“I’ve always enjoyed owning and driving fast vehicles that don’t appear to be fast,” said Hennessey. “The HPE1200 Trackhawk is as quick as a Bugatti Chiron or Dodge Demon and has room for 4 passengers and luggage. What more could you ask for?”
The base price for the HPE1200 Trackhawk is $179,000, which includes a new 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Production is limited to just 24 units and the vehicle is available for export to international markets. The Hennessey Trackhawk is available directly from Hennessey or from select Jeep dealers.
• 1003 Wheel HP (1,200 engine hp) @ 6,500 rpm on 109 octane fuel
• 892 Wheel lb-ft Torque (1,000 engine lb-ft torque) @ 4,200 rpm
- 0-60 mph: 2.3 sec.
- 1/4 mile: 9.6 sec. @ 145 mph
- Top Speed: 200+ mph
The Hennessey HPE1200 Kit Includes…
• 4.5-liter Supercharger System (black or polished finish)
• Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
• Throttle Body Upgrade
• Ported Cylinder Head Upgrade
• Camshaft Upgrade
• Forged Aluminum Pistons
• Forged Steel Connecting Rods
• Balanced Rotating Assembly
• Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
• High-Flow Catalytic Converters
• High-Flow Supercharger Bypass Valve
• Upgraded High-Flow Fuel Injectors
• Boost-a-pump Upgrade
• HPE Calibration Upgrade
• High-Flow Air Induction System
• Professional Installation
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Chassis Dyno Testing
• Road Testing (up to 200 miles)
• Hennessey Exterior Badges
• HPE1200 Powered by Hennessey badges (side & rear)
• Hennessey HPE1200 serial numbered plaques
• Hennessey Premium Floor Mats
• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
* Estimated power ratings at the engine. Actual power will be measured at the rear wheels, before and after the upgrades are installed and tuned. Rear wheel horsepower and torque figures are approximately 15-20% lower than the factory published power figures which are measured at the crankshaft on an engine dyno.
** Acceleration performance figures are based on ideal conditions with an experienced driver on a prepped ¼ mile dragstrip running on drag radial rear tires.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk HPE1200 Gallery: