Dodge has just unveiled its second of seven special-edition “Last Call” models. If you checked in last night, we hinted at the identity of the second “buzz” model with the re-introduction of the Super Bee nameplate for the Dodge Charger.
The original Super Bee debuted on the sporty Coronet as a back-to-basics low-content, high-horsepower, go-fast package. In 1971, the package debuted on the Charger for a single model year, before being brought back in 2007 to 2009 and again for the 2012 to 2014 model years.
This time, the 2023 Dodge Charger Super Bee aims to be the highest-performing Charger Super Bee model ever produced, with standard drag radials that will help the Super Bee “fly” to low 1/4-mile ETs, special Super Bee badges, and graphics to help make the package stand out on the strip and the street.
According to Dodge, they will only produce 1,000 units in total of the Super Bee package for the 2023 model year. This includes 500 units based on the Charger Scat Pack in B5 Blue and 500 units of the Charger Scat Pack Widebody in Plum Crazy.
Both packages take bits and pieces from the drag-racing-oriented Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 and Challenger SRT Super Stock package and put them on the Charger for the first time.
All cars will be equipped with the Plus Group and Carbon/Suede Package content. To make them different than the rest of the swarm, the 2023 Dodge Charger Super Bee includes the following equipment…
- Super Bee Exterior Badging on Grille and Front Fenders
- Super Bee Exterior Graphics on Functional Hood Scoop/Rear Fenders (Blue Graphics on non-Widebody, White Graphics on Widebody)
- 20-Inch x 9.5-Inch Forged/Painted Aluminum Wheels with 275/40R20 102Y Drag Radial Tires (non-Widebody)
- 18-Inch x 11-Inch Aluminum Wheels with P315/40R18 102W Drag Radial Tires (Widebody)
- Adaptive Damping Suspension with Drag Mode
- Black Mopar Hood Pin Kit
- SRT Hood with Functional Scoop and Dual Heat Extractors
- SRT Black Exhaust Tips
- Red Four-Piston Brembo Brake System
- Super Bee Interior Instrument Panel (I/P) Badge
- Super Bee Seat Back Logos
Keep in mind that you will not be able to order a Super Bee. Instead, Dodge will allocate the cars to specific dealers with pricing and dealer information shared on DodgeGarage.com at a later time.
The next Dodge “Last Call” models will be announced on September 7th, 2022. We will have more information about those models coming later next week, so stay tuned.