What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STLA sightings rage on! RAM 1500 REV caught this time.

They are certainly debuting it in plain jane fashion (compare a 2006 charger to the last one) they know what they are doing... but risky. Showing the 800 volt car with 1400hp, widebody wheel flares and 8 sec ET's would have helped its EV cause significantly

I wonder if it'll be in the new Bullitt movie re-make, but I have no faith in the current management

R/T in Peel Out. Always nice to see this color, cannot wait for it to become a more regular car you see in traffic come the next year or two.

Attachments

• 20240822_222925.jpg
    20240822_222925.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240822_222931.jpg
    20240822_222931.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 9
Funny thing I noticed when I was working for Chrysler, it was all about numbers aka volume on the shop floor ! If production managers didn't make their numbers, they got their a$$ chewed out ! Yes, I saw this in person at an engine and stamping plant and assembly plant, VOLUME !

As I said before, some seem misinformed on the Daytona and Sixpack cosmetic differences, and alarmingly I've seen people having to be corrected about the car being electric only. The sooner they're roaming the streets the better...

Charger Daytona spotted next to a new gen Mustang. Basically Altima vs Sentra here.

Attachments

• new-charger-at-costco-today-v0-8esobc22i8md1.jpg
    new-charger-at-costco-today-v0-8esobc22i8md1.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 2
  • new-charger-at-costco-today-v0-1841lb22i8md1.jpg
    new-charger-at-costco-today-v0-1841lb22i8md1.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 2
I wonder if anyone at Stellantis is considering a new Challenger to compete more directly with the Mustang. A second Dodge coupe is likely a hard business case to make because it could cannibalize sales of the two-door Charger, but they would still have the four-door Charger and there could be a market for both a smaller pony car and a larger, more premium muscle coupe.

The Charger pushes the upper limits of the published STLA Large dimensions-- it is actually longer and wider than the stated maximum length and width of the platform. A new Challenger with the minimum dimensions of STLA Large would be somewhat smaller than the 2023 Challenger and significantly smaller than the Charger, while still offering an advantage over the Mustang in wheelbase, allowing a new Challenger to continue to have a larger, more comfortable interior (especially the back seat) compared to the Mustang. Building it on STLA Large would allow it to have the same drivetrains as the Charger and to be build alongside it and the Pacifica at Windsor.

Dimensions listed below for comparison.

STLA Large dimensions.
*wheelbase: 113 - 121 inches
*length: 187.6 - 201.8
*width: 74.7 to 79.9
*ground clearance: 5.5 to 11.3
*max tire diameter: 32.6

2025 Dodge Charger.
*wheelbase: 121.0 inches
*length: 206.6
*width: 84.3
*height: 57.8

2023 Dodge Challenger.
*wheelbase: 116 inches
*length: 197.9
*width: 75.7
*height: 56.2

2025 Ford Mustang:
*wheelbase: 107.0
*length: 189.4
*width: 75.4
*height: 55.0

Mustang is sort of struggling and the Camaro is discontinued. While I would personally love to see it, I wonder if there is a proper ROI.

Back