After a long wait, the 2021 Dodge Challenger is starting to arrive in dealer showrooms across the United States and Canada. Dodge//SRT’s two-door muscle car comes into the new model year with its most diverse lineup of offerings, yet. No matter what you are looking for, Dodge//SRT has a Challenger for you. No matter if you are looking for an 807 horsepower high-performance drag racer, a naturally-aspirated 485 horsepower canyon carving coupe, or a 300 horsepower all-wheel-drive (AWD) offering to do dominate the roads in any conditions, there is a Challenger ready.
So what is new for the 2021 model year?
- Two new models are available for 2021. The 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody and T/A 392 Widebody, offer heritage looks with the improved driving dynamics of the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody.
- Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody comes with the legendary cold-air grabbing Shaker, which extends from the engine compartment, directing cooler air back into the 392 HEMI® V8 engine
- Challenger T/A 392 Widebody builds on the T/A legacy with painted Satin Black hood, Satin Black wrap roof, and deck lid, as well as roof and deck-lid graphic, paired to the T/A body-side stripes, “Air Catcher” headlamps with LED-illuminated T/A logos and more
- A new instrument panel (I/P) badge on SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye models
- SRT branding is now standard on the high-performance Brembo brakes on SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye, and available on R/T Scat Pack models
- SRT Hellcat Redeye and SRT Super Stock get a new Black Chrome finish for the grille, spoiler, and fender badges
- For 2021, memory driver seats, steering column, side mirrors, and radio presets are available across the lineup
This particular model shown is a 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T located at Corwin Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM in Springfield, Missouri. The entry-level performance Challenger still comes equipped with the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V8 delivering 372 horsepower @ 5,200 rpm and 400 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,400 rpm for this one, which is mated to the TorqueFlite 8HP70 8-speed automatic transmission. Challenger R/T models that have the Tremec TR-6060 6-speed manual with a 240 mm clutch are rated for 375 horsepower @ 5,150 rpm and 410 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,300 rpm.
All 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T models feature a 2.75-inch electronically controlled active exhaust system to help deliver that signature Dodge muscle car sound.
This particular model with its standard Challenger performance hood with scoop and the optional Blacktop Appearance Package gives the Challenger R/T even more of an aggressive look for the street.
The 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T has a starting U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $34,995 (excluding $1,495 for destination). There are 13 exterior colors including Frostbite, F8 Green, Go ManGo, Granite Crystal, Hellraisin, IndiGo Blue, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Sinamon Stick, Smoke Show, TorRed, Triple Nickel, and White Knuckle. There also several appearance packages including stripe designs to set your Challenger R/T apart.
For those who are interested in a 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T, you can contact your local Dodge//SRT dealer for more on availability and ordering options.