It’s been five years since the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon made its official debut at the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS). The world’s first-ever production car to lift the front wheels at launch and to set a world record for longest wheelie from a standing start by a production car (2.92 feet as certified by Guinness World Records), continues to be a collector piece for those diehard Mopar fans with enough money in their pocket.
With only 3,312 units ever built, the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon automatically became an instant collectible. This particular one (Serial No. 1,063) is set to cross the auction block at the upcoming Mecum Monterey 2022 event this coming weekend.
With only 565 miles on the odometer, the car has just made its break-in period. But while this car was optioned with the Demon Crate package which included a hydraulic jack with carrying bag, cordless impact wrench with charger, a torque wrench, a tire-pressure gauge, fender cover, tool bag, front-runner drag wheels, a foam case for the trunk to hold the front-runners, a performance PCM with high-octane engine calibration, replacement switch module for the high-octane button, conical performance air filter, and a passenger mirror block-off plate, this crate remains unopened.
This means the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Demon® V8 produces 808 horsepower and 717 lb.-ft. of torque, rather than the full 840 horsepower and 770 lb.-ft. of torque with 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel.
The car includes all of the other Demon goodies, like the Air-Grabber™ hood, Drag Mode suspension, Line Lock, SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system, and After-Run Chiller that keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off.
Painted in the beautiful TorRed (PR3) exterior color (1 of 631 produced in that colors), it is highlighted with the optional Painted Black Satin Graphics Package (MEH) which only 841 Demon had featured.
The car features a number of high-level options…
- Comfort Audio Group (AGY) – (1 of 2,602 Units)
- Demon® Logo Laguna / Alcantara® Seat
- Front Floor Mats
- Front Passenger Seat
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- Heated Front Seats
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Power Tilt / Telescope Steering Column
- Bright Pedals
- 18–Speakers Premium Audio System
- Harman Kardon® GreenEdge® Amplifier
- Demon Logo Laguna/Alcantara Seats (LMX9) – (1 of 2,836 Units)
- Front Passenger Seat (CAA) – (1 of 3,107 Units)
- Rear Seat Option – Leather (AFP) – (1 of 2,662 Units)
- 3–Point Center Rear Seat Belt
- Child Seat Upper Tether Anchorages
- Luxury Front and Rear Floor Mats
- 60 / 40 Split Rear Folding Seat
- Rear Armrest with Cup Holder
- Demon® Vehicle Storage Package (ALV) – (1 of 2,673)
- Demon® Car Cover
Battery Manager by Mopar®
- Demon® Car Cover
- Red Seat Belts – (CGQ) – (1 of 1,915 Units)
- Trunk Carpet – (CKM) – (1 of 3,077 Units)
This car was also recently featured in the 2022 film “Ambulance”, directed by Michael Bay.
With an original window sticker price of $93,002 USD, this car will cross the auction block on Friday, August 19th. Mecum expects the car to grab somewhere between $200,000 to $220,000, but we think it should be slightly less.
To see more pictures or to find out how to bid on this car, you can visit its dedicated page on Mecum.com.
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon in TorRed Image Gallery: