Stellantis has ushered in a new era in the commercial vehicle sector by introducing “Pro One.” This strategic offensive integrates the professional offerings of six iconic Stellantis brands – Citroën, FIAT, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, and Vauxhall – to attain global leadership.
Pro One offers a comprehensive suite of solutions, covering class-leading vans, pickup trucks, micro-mobility options, and cutting-edge electrified propulsions. The initiative also embraces a connected converter/upfitter ecosystem, fully connected vehicle technologies, and a business partnership mindset to enhance professional customers’ operational efficiency, cost optimization, and profitability.
Currently constituting one-third of Stellantis’ net revenues, the commercial vehicles business boasts an annual sales volume of 1.6 million units. The Pro One strategy is poised to propel Stellantis towards its ambitious Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan targets: doubling commercial vehicle net revenues by 2030 compared to 2021, achieving a 40% electric vehicle (EV) sales mix, and generating $5 billion in service revenues.
As part of the Pro One launch, a fully renewed van lineup for each brand will be unveiled, featuring second-generation zero-emission powertrains, a unique hydrogen solution, full connectivity, and top-level autonomous driving assistance systems on Monday, October 23.
Jean-Philippe Imparato, Head of the Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, stated, “We are launching Pro One to leverage our undeniable commercial vehicles leadership – six brands, one force, which accounts for one-third of Stellantis net revenues. As customer expectations grow more complex and diverse, we are here to address each specific need with a dedicated solution. Our mission is to stand [alongside] our customers worldwide and deliver the products and services that help them thrive.”
Six key pillars underpin the Pro One initiative:
- Largest Product Offering: Pro One offers an expansive range of vans, pickups, and micro-mobility options, setting a new industry standard.
- Zero-Emission Leadership: Stellantis continues to lead in zero-emission technology, offering a range of solutions, including hydrogen and retrofit options, without compromising performance.
- Tailor-Made Customer Experience: With over 20,000 dedicated touchpoints worldwide, customers can expect a seamless experience, supported by a complete charging ecosystem provided by Free2move Charge.
- Digital Converter/Upfitter Ecosystem: This innovative platform aims to reduce lead time, facilitating quicker conversions and upfitting of vehicles.
- 100% Connected Services: All vans and pickup trucks will be fully connected and activated by 2023, ensuring access to advanced software features.
- Global Manufacturing Footprint: With 15 commercial vehicle plants across Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, and Africa, Stellantis is well-positioned to support its global ambitions.
Stellantis currently leads the industry in commercial vehicle sales in Europe and South America and holds strong positions in the Middle East, Africa, and North America. With a fully electrified van lineup since 2021, Stellantis commands over 40% market share in European commercial BEVs.
Additionally, the Pro One strategy includes a retrofit program in collaboration with Qinomic, aimed at extending the lifespan of existing internal combustion van fleets through affordable and reliable electrification conversions.
With over 20,000 global sales and service touchpoints, Stellantis is dedicated to creating tailored customer partnerships. Through a 360-degree approach, brand product specialists and content advisors are available to help professionals choose the vehicles, configurations, and services that best suit their needs.
By leveraging 400 existing global partnerships across 34 countries, Stellantis connects converters and upfitters with customers, retailers, and manufacturers in a seamless digital customer journey to reduce production and delivery lead times.
With a target of $5 billion in services revenue, Stellantis aims to have 100% of its new vans and pickups connected by the end of 2023, enabling over-the-air updates from 2026 onwards. These capabilities will pave the way for new service packs focused on enhancing business continuity and efficiency, ultimately reducing fleet downtime and total cost of ownership. These packs will encompass services such as digital maintenance monitoring, eco-drive coaching, task management, and charge management software to optimize EV fleets and provide real-time driver alerts.
Xavier Peugeot, Senior Vice President of Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, emphasized, “The renewal of the entire Stellantis van range, based on second-generation electric offerings, along with the electrification of four pickups from 2024 onward, are at the heart of the Pro One project, based on a 360-degree, customer-centric approach and ambition to reinforce our international leadership in commercial vehicles.”