Going into this week’s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, Mopar has decided to pull off the covers of its latest limited-edition Mopar branded vehicle – the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango. The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango is the 12th vehicle in the lineup’s history and takes many of its cues from the very popular Mopar 11′ Dodge Charger.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango is based on the 2022 Dodge Durango R/T Tow N’ Go, a package introduced last year and transforms the 5.7-liter HEMI V8-powered three-row SUV into a heavy hauling performance offering thanks to some goodies from the Durango SRT parts bin. Still retaining its best-in-class rating of 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque, the 5.7-liter HEMI is mated to a ZF-sourced 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission.
The Tow N’ Go Package provides a best-in-class tow rating of 8,700 pounds; an increased top speed of 145 mph; Track, Sport, Snow, and Tow drive modes; and a retuned SRT-performance exhaust for some added exhaust rumble.
The Mopar ‘22 is also equipped with Performance Pages, retuned SRT active noise cancellation, electronic limited-slip differential, and SRT active damping suspension. There is also a set of 20-inch x 10-inch “Lights Out” wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber, while a Mopar 1-inch lower kit delivers improved handling, tighter cornering, and quicker turning response.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango also includes the following features…
- Offset Mopar Blue Stripe (Running Up & Over The Vehicle)
- Mopar Blue “Mopar” Front Grille Badge
- Mopar Blue “Brembo” Branded Brake Calipers
- Mopar ’22 I/P Badge with Serialized Build Number
- Leather and Suede Front Seats with Mopar Logo’d Seat Backs
- Mopar Blue Accent Stitching (Seats, I/P, Center Console, and Doors)
- Mopar Pedal Kit
- Mopar All-Weather Floor Mats
Each Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango will come with a custom-made owner’s kit that will feature a personalized metal certificate of authenticity with a serialized vehicle-build number and a special rendering of the vehicle by the Mopar Design team.
Production of the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango will be limited to just 250 units (200 for the U.S. and 50 for Canada). Those who wish to purchase a Mopar ’22 edition can do so at their local Dodge dealer. They must order a 2022 Dodge Durango R/T AWD with the Plus Group and Tow N Go Package in order to be able to order the Mopar ’22 package. Customers will be able to choose from two different exterior color combinations (DB Black or White Knuckle).
The Mopar ’22 package has a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $3,995 (pricing for the Canadian market as yet to be released). Ordering for the vehicles will take place during Q1 of 2022 with the vehicles arriving in dealers during the Summer of 2022.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango joins a long list of Mopar limited edition vehicles…
- Mopar ’10 Dodge Challenger R/T
- Mopar ’11 Dodge Charger R/T
- Mopar ’12 Chrysler 300S
- Mopar ’13 Dodge Dart
- Mopar ’14 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
- Mopar ’15 Dodge Charger R/T Performance Kit
- Mopar ’16 Ram 1500 Rebel
- Mopar ’17 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker
- Mopar ’18 Dodge Durango SRT
- Mopar ’19 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker
- Jeep® Wrangler JPP 20 (Limited Edition Series)
- Mopar ’21 Ram 1500
- Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango R/T Tow N’ Go
What do you think of the new Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango? Let us know in the comments below or in the MoparInsiders.com forums.
Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango Limited Edition Image Gallery: