The legendary Jeep® Wrangler is one of the most customized vehicles on the road. We have seen the crazy custom builds on Instagram, different manufacturers cutting up vehicles to build the ultimate Overlanding vehicle or someone who is looking for a nice pair of rock rails for the Wrangler. Now, while the aftermarket has a lot to offer a Jeep Wrangler owner, so does FCA’s own Mopar brand.
Mopar has introduced more than 200 Jeep® Performance Parts and accessories, created through more than 100,000 hours of factory-backed development, for owners to personalize their Jeep Wrangler for any adventure or lifestyle. While Mopar continues to grow its portfolio, we had a chance last year to get a sneak peek at one of the brand’s Mopar-modified Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon models and see what the brand had to offer the aftermarket and what was in the works to come down the pipeline.
The Mopar-modified Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon spent some time with was outfitted with a number of Mopar accessories that didn’t break the bank. One of the best things about equipping your vehicle with Jeep® Performance Parts and accessories is the fact that none of the parts or accessories void your vehicle’s warranty.
The Mopar brand’s line of Jeep Performance Parts and accessories for the all-new Wrangler was developed in close conjunction with the Jeep brand and product design office and more than 100,000 hours were spent on development, testing and validation before bringing the parts to market. The strictest standards and factory-exclusive data, information not available to the aftermarket were used to seamlessly integrate Mopar parts and accessories with the all-new Wrangler and deliver proper fit, finish and quality down to the color, grain, look and line of each product.
Mopar says that 90% of all Jeep Wrangler models that leave dealer lots, is equipped with at least one Jeep Performance Parts or accessory. Something the Mopar brand is very proud of. Our Mopar-Modified Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon was equipped with the following Jeep Performance Parts and accessories…
- Roof Rack (Part #82215387): This is the first time that Mopar has ever offered a roof rack option for a Wrangler. The roof rack can fit a variety of lifestyle cargo carriers, even bicycle, ski, and snowboard carriers can mount to the roof rack for transporting gear and equipment. The U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $295.
- Roof-Top Cargo Carrier (Part #TCCAN859): Bolts right up to the roof rack and can carry a variety of gear and equipment. MSRP is $350.
- Cargo Net (Part #82209422AB): The roof-mounted Cargo Net is designed to stretch over the contents of your Cargo Basket to keep them secure. This Black elastic net is durable and held in place with 14 plastic hooks. MSRP is $54.
- Grab Handles – Front Seats (Part #82215523) and Rear Seats (Part #82215524): Grab handles are hard-secured with fasteners to the sport bars and offering increased grip. MSRP is $39/each.
- Molle Bags (Part #82215429): Molle (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) Storage Bags are made from heavy-duty black polyester and feature gray binding with Jeep logo. One of each large, medium and small bags are included for easy access extra storage on the back of your front seats. They only work with Rubicon models with the grid system. MSRP is $145.
- Jeep® Performance Parts Rock Rails Unlimited models (Part #82215165AB): Unique, heavy-gauge steel JPP rock rails are thicker and wider to protect the exterior and utilize the same coating used on Ram Truck bedliners, to give a non-slip finish. MSRP is $925. (two-door models can use Part #82215129AB. MSRP is $825.)
- Door Sill Guards (Part #82215394): Door Sill Guards provide additional protection against scratches and scuffs. These durable, black plastic guards fit the front door sills and feature the Wrangler logo. They pass all production testing, including water immersion, cleanability, extreme temperatures, weathering, soiling, automotive fluid resistance, and scratch resistance. They do not interfere with the door or door seal function. Set of four fits four-door Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited models. MSRP is $75.
- All-Weather Floor Mats (Part #82215203AD): All-weather Floor Mats are the high wall, bucket-style to provide maximum coverage and protect your floor from wetness, snow, mud, dirt, and grime. This four-mat set comes in Black and features a terrain-style design and Red Jeep logo on the front mats. The front mats are designed to fit the vehicle floor drain holes to allow for draining without removing the mat. Each mat features nibbed backing and grommets for retention posts (two for each mat) to keep them in place. The mats pass all production tests for cleanability, extreme temperatures, weathering, strength, and soiling. Fits four-door Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited models. MSRP is $150.
- 17-Inch Satin Carbon Off-Road Wheels (Part #77072471AB): 17-inch x 8.5-inch x 12mm offset Jeep® Performance Parts unique aluminum gear wheel is off-road capable. The wheel has a 1,950-lb. load rating, a 5 x 5 bolt pattern and a 71.54mm pilot bore diameter. They also include a Jeep® branded center cap. MSRP is $265/each.
- 1941 Swoosh Bodyside Graphic (Part #82215731): Bodyside Graphic extends the length of the vehicle on both sides. The design is 1941 swoosh” in low gloss Black. Fits four-door Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited models. MSRP is $215.
- 7-Inch Off-Road LED Light Kit (Part #82215386AB): 7-Inch Off-Road LED Light Kit provides that extra light source needed for safe off-road driving. Each light produces 8,000 Lumen, is water submersible, and pressure washer capable. The cast aluminum housing ensures proper heat dissipation and long-term durability. They are also vibration, shock and EMC tested. The kit includes two 7 LED lights, light covers and wiring harness with a pigtail with ground eyelet and blunt cut circuit for power connection. MSRP is $725.
- Grille and Winch Guard Hoop (Part #82215351): Grille and Winch Guard designed with two-inch, black, powder-coated steel. Bolts to the stock steel front bumper with no drilling or alteration of the bumper. MSRP is $249.
Most of the parts are also available for the all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon as well. For more information and or to order your own Jeep Performance Parts and accessories, you can visit Mopar.com or your local Mopar dealer.