In a market packed with options, the updated 2024 Jeep® Gladiator Mojave with the new “X” package is making its way to dealer lots. This revamped midsize pickup promises a blend of rugged off-road prowess and premium luxury but with a hefty price tag.
A Tough Year for the Gladiator –
After a lackluster 2023, Jeep is banking on the Mojave X to turn things around. The updated model boasts a redesigned front grille, restructured trim packaging, and an overhauled interior. The hope is to lure more drivers into the premium luxury midsize pickup market.
“Desert Rated” For A Reason –
The Mojave X earns its “Desert Rated” badge with serious off-road upgrades. Specially tuned high-performance FOX shocks, external shock reservoirs, and military-grade suspension fluid ensure optimal handling and comfort on high-speed sand runs. Front hydraulic jounce bumpers act as a secondary pair of shocks, preventing bottoming out in extreme off-road situations.
An Off-Road+ button takes things up a notch, allowing drivers to adjust throttle, transmission shift points, and traction control for peak performance in various terrains. The Mojave X has been rigorously tested in five categories: ride control and stability, traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, and desert prowess.
Luxury At A Price –
The Mojave X package comes with a hefty price tag of $10,000, pushing the total cost to a jaw-dropping $69,535 for this Bright White example at Vaughn Automotive in Kirksville, MO. The base Mojave is priced at $52,995 (excluding $1,895 for destination).
Inside The Mojave X Package –
For those willing to splurge, the Mojave X package offers a slew of premium features:
- GPS Navigation
- 4–Way Power Lumbar Adjustable Driver Seat
- 4–Way Power Lumbar Adjustable Passenger Seat
- 8–Way Power Adjustable Driver Seat
- 8–Way Power Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
- Body–Color Rubicon Highline Flare
- HD Radio
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot with Trial Included
- Connected Travel and Traffic Services
- Uconnect® 5 Nav with 12.3–Inch Touch Screen Display
- Alpine® Premium Audio System
- Body–Color Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
- ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist System
- Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection
- Leather–Trimmed Bucket Seats with Sport Bolsters
- Selec–Trac® Full Time 4WD System
- Wireless Speaker
- Forward–Facing TrailCam
- Hardtop Headliner by Mopar®
- Automatic High–Beam Headlamp–Control
- Winch–Capable Steel Front Bumper
- Heated Front Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Remote–Start System
- Automatic–Dimming Rear–View Mirror
- Full–Length Floor Console with Premium Armrest
- Leather–Wrapped Park–Brake Handle
- Leather–Wrapped Shift Knob
While these features undoubtedly elevate the Mojave X into a class of its own, the staggering price tag of $69,535 forces potential buyers to weigh the allure of luxury against the practicality of such an investment. It’s a daring move by Jeep, entering a realm where midsize pickups rarely tread. The question remains: Will the market embrace this opulent take on the rugged Gladiator, or is the price just too steep for enthusiasts to justify? Only time and the open road will reveal the answer.