The Dodge Durango Pursuit is ready to report for duty for the 2023 model year. Over the past couple of years, Dodge has continued to build upon its Durango Pursuit offering as law enforcement continues to move towards SUVs. As law enforcement agencies have to handle more gear and equipment to perform their daily tasks, SUVs seem to continue to grow in popularity with agencies.
Stellantis U.S. fleet operations recently posted its updated information on the 2023 Dodge Durango Pursuit. While there isn’t a ton of changes, Dodge continues to look at growing the market for its Durango offering thanks to some mirror changes for 2023.
The 2023 model will continue to be offered exclusively the segment’s most technologically advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. This includes a segment-exclusive active transfer case to improve real-world fuel economy while also enhancing the vehicle’s traction and handling.
The award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 or the optional legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine. Both continue to be mated to 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmissions. The Pentastar delivers 293 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, and with AWD maintains a fuel economy rating of 18 MPG City / 25 MPG Hwy. For those units patrolling the highway or high-speed pursuit units, the HEMI-powered models deliver 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque, while maintaining 14 MPG City / 22 MPG Hwy.
Standard features on the 2023 Dodge Durango Pursuit include…
Standard Equipment –
- 255/60R18SW On-/Off-Road Tires – V-Speed Rating
- Instrument Panel (I/P) Mounted Shift Lever
- All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) System –
- Single-Speed Transfer Case On Pentastar V6
- Two-Speed Transfer Case On HEMI V8
- Alternator – 220-AMP, Heavy-Duty
- Auxiliary Power Outlet – 12-Volt
- Battery – 650-AMP (Standard), 800-AMP (Available on HEMI V8)
- Brakes – Antilock Four-Wheel Disc, Heavy-Duty (BR9) Brake System
- Mini Center Floor Police Console
- Engine Hour Meter/Engine Idle Hour Meters
- Glass – Deep-Tint Sunscreen On Rear Doors, Quarter-Panels, and Rear Liftgate
- Headliner with Two Red/White LED Dome Lamps
- Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling Package
- Push-Push Fuel-Filler Door
- Rear Load-Leveling Suspension
- Speed Control
- Steel Wheels with Chrome Center Caps
- Tri-Zone Air Conditioning with Air Filtration
- Vehicle System Interface Module (VSIM)
- Vinyl Floor Covering
Safety & Security Equipment –
- Active Head Restraints
- Air Bags – Advanced Multistage Driver’s and Front-Passenger, Advanced Side-Curtain, and Supplemental Front Seat Side
- Four-Wheel Disc Antilock Brake System with Electric BrakeForce Distribution (EBD)
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera with ParkSense® Rear Assist
- Rain Brake Support
- Ready Alert Braking
- Trailer Sway Control
Durango Pursuit’s front bucket seats are designed for an officer’s comfort and are sculpted to accommodate a full-service duty belt when seated. The hard-wearing vinyl floor covering wipes clean for easy interior maintenance and stands up to almost any job. Durango Pursuit even offers a tri-zone climate control system, perfect for those units with a K-9 in the rear.
The performance-tuned, load-leveling suspension on the Pursuit features Nivomat® self-leveling dampers and upgraded anti-roll bars that provide optimum handling, a constant vehicle ride height, and full wheel travel even under maximum load. Durango also provides an impressive 8.1-inches of ground clearance, giving those who patrol off the beaten path plenty of capability.
The 2023 Dodge Durango Pursuit has a top speed setting of 130 mph with the ability for customers to configure and limit for specific agency needs.
For 2023, Dodge now offers four unique exterior color options for mixed fleets that need specific colors. Customers can now choose from Michigan State Police Blue, Ranger Green, Flame Red, and Blue by You. Other 2023 colors include DB Black, Ember Pearl, Baltic Grey Metallic, Destroyer Grey, Bright Silver, Midnight Sky, Frostbite, Octane Red, and White Knuckle.
2023 Dodge Durango Pursuit Image Gallery: