Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is continuing its advancements in vehicle technology with the introduction of its new Uconnect Market feature. The new commerce platform puts the ability to order food, locate the nearest gas station, save money on fuel purchases, locate and pay for parking, schedule service appointments, and make dinner reservation from the driver seat of their FCA vehicle. Uconnect Market opens the world to a lot more features than what is currently offered on the current Uconnect systems.
“Our customers live busy lives, and our goal with the Uconnect platform is to provide an advanced portfolio of services to make their daily drive more convenient, productive and enjoyable,” said Alan D’Agostini, Global Head of Connected Services, FCA. “This is why we are launching Uconnect Market, as we continue to ramp-up our connectivity efforts around the world with the goal of having all new FCA vehicles connected by 2022.”
The lineup of brands participating in the Uconnect Market platform at launch includes Shell, Domino’s, Park Whiz and Yelp Reservations.
Uconnect Market includes the following services…
- Wallet – When setting up a Uconnect Market account, vehicle owners can enroll a credit card for use with select Uconnect Market partners.
- Service – Owners will have access to national Mopar services offers, the ability to locate a certified Mopar service center, and schedule service appointments.
- Fuel – Owners can view a list of nearby fuel stations and authorize a fuel pump charge at participating Shell stations by using Shell Pay & Save program.
- Food – Uconnect Market uses Yelp to display a list of nearby restaurants by category, owners also have the option to make reservations at participating restaurants.
- Parking – Uconnect Market will find, book, and pay for parking at thousands of garages across North America through ParkWhiz, an Arrive-powered brand.
Uconnect Market will launch in the second half of 2019 with an over-the-air (OTA) update for those with 2019 and 2020 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® and Ram brand vehicles equipped with connected services and the latest fourth-generation of the 8.4-inch touchscreen. The platform will continue as a carryover feature for future models equipped with the 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Developed in partnership with Seattle-based Xevo, which was recently acquired by Lear Corporation, the Uconnect Market follows FCA’s recent announcement of its new in-vehicle “ecosystem” utilizing HARMAN (Samsung) and Google Technologies. The new system will promptly and securely manage in-vehicle data using an architecture based on the HARMAN Ignite could-based platform. The system uses Android, offering a strong, proven, and intuitive app-based environment that provides up to date content with OTA updates.
Key components of the new “ecosystem” which includes Uconnect Market will begin to roll out in phases across global regions during the second half of 2019. All-new FCA vehicles will be fully connected by the 2022 model year.