As we are getting closer to the production launch of the 2022 Ram 1500 at the end of this month, RAM has continued to tease us with a few new packages for it’s beloved half-ton offering. This included the Limited 10th Anniversary Edition and the new G/T package for the Rebel, Canadian Sport, and Laramie models. Now, RAM is ready to officially shed some light on the package our spy photographers originally caught back in January – the Big Horn/Lone Star BackCountry Edition.
Making its official public debut on Wednesday, July 14th at the Chicago Auto Show, the BackCountry Edition combines convenience, comfort, and added off-road capability in one package.
The 2022 Ram 1500 BackCountry Edition features 18-inch black wheels, black two-tone exterior paint, black badging, exhaust tips, headlamp bezels, mirrors, and running boards. A body-color grille surround and tonneau cover also are included and help set BackCountry up from the rest of the light-duty lineup.
Standard functional features include the 4×4 Off-Road Group, which includes tow hooks, skid plates for the front suspension, transfer case, power steering and fuel tank, rear electronic locking axle, off-road calibrated shocks, hill-descent control, and all-terrain tires, and Bed Utility Group, which includes upper adjustable tie-downs, bed extender (available with RamBox only) deployable bed step, bed lighting, and spray-in bed liner.
Inside, the 2022 Ram 1500 BackCountry offers a black interior with bucket seats. A 7-inch Uconnect 5 touchscreen, BackCountry badge on the instrument panel, and all-weather slush mats from Mopar round out the distinctive interior content.
The 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star BackCountry includes the following equipment…
Off-Road Functionality –
- 4×4 Off-Road Decals (MPD)
- 18-Inch x 8-Inch Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels (WBP)
- Falken Wildpeak LT275/65R18C OWL On/Off-Road Tires (TCP)
- 1-Inch Raised Ride Height (XZN)
- Front Extra Heavy-Duty Shocks (SFD)
- Rear Extra Heavy-Duty Shocks (SFD)
- Front Suspension Skid Plate (XEU)
- Fuel Tank Skid Plate (XEE)
- Steering Gear Skid Plate (XJ2)
- Transfer Case Skid Plate (XEF)
- Tow Hooks (XEA)
- Hill Descent Control (BNH)
- Off-Road Info Pages (JA8)
- Electronic-Locking Rear Differential (DSH)
Exterior Appearance –
- Black Headlamp Bezel (MFA)
- Black Tubular Side Steps (MRU)
- Black Exterior Mirrors (LE7)
- Black Ram Grille Badge (ME6)
- Black Grille with Body-Color Surround (MAH)
- Painted Front Bumper (MBU)
- Painted Rear Bumper (MBV)
- Accent-Colored Premium, Power Mirrors (GT4)
- Black Exterior Badging (M17)
- Lower Two-Tone Paint (APD)
- Black Dual Exhaust Tips (NEP)
Interior Appearance –
- Full-Length Floor Console (CUF)
- Power 8-Way Adjustable Driver Seat (JPV)
- Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust (JPE)
- Center Console Parts Module (X8S)
- Vinyl/Cloth Front Bucket Seats (*J7)
- Bucket Seats (CAC)
- Back Country I/P badge (HEB)
- Front & Rear All-Weather Floor Mats (CLF)
Cargo Capability –
- Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover (CS7)
- LED Bed Lighting (LPL)
- Full-Size Spare Tire (TBB)
- Deployable Bed Step (MDN)
- Spray-In Bedliner (XMF)
- 4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks (CL2)
“We’re constantly expanding and exploring new ideas to meet the needs and fuel the imagination of our passionate customers while offering the segment’s best combination of performance, capability, and technology,” said Mike Koval Jr., RAM brand CEO. “Ram 1500 BackCountry will resonate positively with customers who live an active lifestyle and this is the latest example of how Ram trucks deliver features and durability that will continue to win over more and more buyers.”
The BackCountry will be available in either Quad Cab or Crew Cab 4×4 configurations. Customers will have a choice of a 5.7-liter HEMI V8 or 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with the eTorque mild-hybrid system. Both engines deliver 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque.
The Ram 1500 BackCountry Quad Cab 4×4 will have a starting U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $40,085 with a $1,695 destination charge. If you live in Canada, the same truck has a Canadian MSRP of $63,330 with a $1,995 destination charge.
BackCountry Edition models will go on sale during the third quarter of 2021.
2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn BackCountry Edition Image Gallery:
Loading new replies...
Join the full discussion at the Mopar Insiders Forum →