In February, we released details thanks to our dealer sources that the Jeep® brand had opened up ordering on selected packages of its highly-anticipated three-row 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L. At the time, ordering was only available for dealers for select pre-configured packages for Limited and Summit models. Then Overland models became available for ordering. Now, our dealer sources are telling us that Jeep has now opened ordering for the entry-level Laredo and sporty Altitude models as well.
Although the Laredo model might be the entry-level model, the Laredo comes packed with tons of standard equipment. Customers can expect the following…
- 18-Inch x 8-Inch Fine Silver Aluminum Wheels
- 265/60R18 Michelin Primacy XC A/S or Michelin Primacy LTX A/S Tires
- Premium LED Reflector Headlamps with Integrated Amber-Colored DRLs
- LED Taillamps
- Automatic Headlamps
- Power Mirrors – Manual Foldaway with Heating Element and Blind-Spot Indicator (Fine Silver Cap)
- Cloth Seating
- Power 8-Way Driver and Manual Front-Passenger Seats with Driver Lumbar Adjuster
- Manually Adjustable Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 50/50 Manual-Folding Third-Row Bench Seat
- Electronic Paddle Shifters
- 10.1-Inch Uconnect 5 Touchscreen Infotainment
- Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- 10.3-Inch Digital Gauge Cluster
- 6-Speaker Audio System
- 12-USB Ports (Including Type-A & Type-C)
- Roof Rack – Black Rails with Bright Stainless Insert
Dealers will be able to order from three different pre-configurator packages for the new Laredo models. We have broken down those packages below.
|2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L Laredo Configurations For April Ordering:|
|Model:||Laredo 4×4 3.6L||Laredo 4×2 3.6L||Laredo 4×4 3.6L|
|Options:||LuxTech Group (ALW):
||LuxTech Group (ALW):
||LuxTech Group (ALW):
|Single Pane Sunroof (GWA)||Single Pane Sunroof (GWA)||Single Pane Sunroof (GWA)|
|2nd Row Bench (CF1)|
|MSRP includes $1,695 destination and Bright White exterior paint, additional cost for other paint colors.|
Slotted just above the Grand Cherokee L Laredo, is the Altitude model. Based on the Laredo, the Altitude adds the popular dark treatment people have come to love on models across the Jeep vehicle portfolio for the past decade.
- 20-Inch x 8-Inch Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels
- 265/50R20 Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus Black Sidewall A/S Tires
- Gloss Black Grille
- Gloss Black Lower Fascia Trim
- Gloss Black Badges
- Gloss Black Exterior Mirrors
- Black DLO Side Window Trim
- Dark Headlamp Bezels
- Dark Taillamps
|2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L Attitude Configurations For April Ordering:|
|Model:||Altitude 4×4 3.6L||Altitude 4×2 3.6L|
|Options:||Trailer-Tow Group (ABR):
||Trailer-Tow Group (ABR):
|Single Pane Sunroof (GWA)||Single Pane Sunroof (GWA)|
|MSRP includes $1,695 destination and Bright White exterior paint, additional cost for other paint colors|
With the addition of the Laredo and Altitude models, there also comes some good news for those who have been waiting for the 5.7-liter HEMI V8. Our dealer sources also note that dealers can now order the HEMI on Overland and Summit models. The 5.7-liter HEMI V8 delivers a robust 357 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque. The HEMI is mated to a TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission and the brawny HEMI V8 with 4×4 has ratings up to 7,200 lbs. (matching the Durango R/T’s standard rating, but coming in at 1,500 lbs. less than the new R/T Tow & Go package, SRT392, and Hellcat models ratings of 8,700 lbs.
We expect the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L models to be arriving in dealerships within the next couple of weeks. For more information about ordering availability, you can contact your local Jeep dealer.
For those interested in learning and discussing more on the all-new 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, be sure to visit our sister site WLJeepForum.com, a dedicated site surrounding the all-new Grand Cherokee lineup.