What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Stellantis flops (imminent), who picks up Chrysler this time?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
My pick, Magna International, IF they are still interested. They made a serious offer to Daimler back in 2007 but I assume Daimler bypassed them due to conditions they had at the time where any Mercedes parts would have to stay like the $250 a pop NAG1 5spd or E/S class suspension components in the LX trio that were likely just as over priced - easier to sell it to a clown private investment firm.

Magna could hit the ground running, they know manufacturing - global manufacturing- they built the 300 wagon in Europe, they are north America based and can get things fired back up over here. They are also a leader in EV power systems if it goes that route (doubtful).

No more private equity firms and no more European "mergers" where they just steal all their profits

Last edited:
We the people..."Can Do Spirit" rise again into the future! Clock is ticking louder than ever...

My pick, Magna International, IF they are still interested. They made a serious offer to Daimler back in 2007 but I assume Daimler bypassed them due to conditions they had at the time where any Mercedes parts would be replaced like the $250 a pop NAG1 5spd or E/S class suspension components in the LX trio that were likely just as over priced - easier to sell it to a clown private investment firm.

Magna could hit the ground running, they know manufacturing - global manufacturing- they built the 300 wagon in Europe, they are north America based and can get things fired back up over here. They are also a leader in EV power systems if it goes that route (doubtful).

No more private equity firms and no more European "mergers" where they just steal all their profits
I'm interested

My pick, Magna International, IF they are still interested. They made a serious offer to Daimler back in 2007 but I assume Daimler bypassed them due to conditions they had at the time where any Mercedes parts would be replaced like the $250 a pop NAG1 5spd or E/S class suspension components in the LX trio that were likely just as over priced - easier to sell it to a clown private investment firm.

Yet Magna Steyr is a Austrian based automobile manufacturer. So doesn't that null and void a European Merger ?? Don't get me wrong I would love to see Dodge and Chrysler get the love they deserve but even if this happens it will be a minimum a decade before they can have a car or suv to sell to the public.. I don't see Stellantis allowing them to use any intellectual, proprietary properties so they'd have to start on a clean slate. That means no Hemi, Charger,Challenger,300, or any use of the storied nameplates as Stellantis holds the rights to those names.

Yet Magna Steyr is a Austrian based automobile manufacturer. So doesn't that null and void a European Merger ?? Don't get me wrong I would love to see Dodge and Chrysler get the love they deserve but even if this happens it will be a minimum a decade before they can have a car or suv to sell to the public.. I don't see Stellantis allowing them to use any intellectual, proprietary properties so they'd have to start on a clean slate. That means no Hemi, Charger,Challenger,300, or any use of the storied nameplates as Stellantis holds the rights to those names.
Magna is based in Ontario Canada and they are a top tier supplier to every auto maker. They were the ethical and logical choice to sell to back in 2007 but that would mean daimler wouldn't get to keep supplying out dated parts at exaggerated prices. Theoretically right after a Magna sale you would have seen cars with top notch equipment right out of the gate.

Last edited:
My pick, Magna International, IF they are still interested. They made a serious offer to Daimler back in 2007 but I assume Daimler bypassed them due to conditions they had at the time where any Mercedes parts would have to stay like the $250 a pop NAG1 5spd or E/S class suspension components in the LX trio that were likely just as over priced - easier to sell it to a clown private investment firm.

With the damage Tavares has done, there's not much left. Quality is in the toilet, the work force that's left is waiting to retire or just doesn't care anymore. Too many of those that know how to do what they do, left. Lots full of questionable product no one wants. I really don't think this corpse can be revived. Sad.

With the damage Tavares has done, there's not much left. Quality is in the toilet, the work force that's left is waiting to retire or just doesn't care anymore. Too many of those that know how to do what they do, left. Lots full of questionable product no one wants. I really don't think this corpse can be revived. Sad.
It can be fixed, Chrysler seems to go through a near death experience every decade or so. One scenario is Stellantis keeps Ram and Jeep and offloads Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler. Dodge can just start making Dodge trucks again D50, D150, D250, D350, RamCharger 4x4, Charger, Challenger and some small CUV to fill any gaps. With Chrysler its best shot is probably to be something of a blend between Acura and Lincoln and I would use partnerships with other auto makers to make that happen

Last edited:
A Dodge spinoff isn’t going to just start making trucks again, and your list shows you’re living 35 years in the past.

A startup Dodge truck division would have to start from scratch, and you’re going up against the well-established, well known, well loved Ram trucks with Cummins engines, which a new Dodge startup would not have, not to mention the other established brands on the market.

Not only is it not viable, it’s a pipedream, failure before launch and frankly foolish outlook.

The Chinese are trying to enter the NA market. I would not be surprised if they picked up the pieces.

Back