Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HARMONY-IN-MOTION: Meet The Chrysler Halcyon Concept

Chrysler has unveiled its latest concept car, the Halcyon Concept, offering a sneak peek into the brand’s vision for the future of automotive design. With a blend of innovation, sustainability, and personalized driving experiences, the Halcyon Concept is set to revolutionize the way we perceive electric vehicles. STLA Large Platform – The STLA Large platform is the backbone of the Chrysler Halcyon Concept, providing a solid foundation for its electrified future. This platform is specifically designed to accommodate electric vehicles (EVs), ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. Think of the STLA Large platform as the framework of a building. It’s engineered … (read full article...)

CN024_004CHlehnhqtpcgoun534jmv4o054l5.jpeg

AlexB

Reaction score
View attachment 9188

Can you image time traveling back to 2008 and telling everyone there will only be a single product in the portfolio 15 years into the future...
Government under President 44 didn't think that above was real at all,and FIAT thought many of those Chrysler products was a financial drag.

AlexB

Reaction score
Who knows. Tesla has their niche of tech savvy owners... Chrysler has also been the "blue collar luxury" brand and they have abandoned that model and it has shown over the past 6 years with no one product and now a radical change in direction.
$100,000 Annual income target (she said that once)is upper Middle Class, no blue collar.

cgseller

Reaction score
Who knows. Tesla has their niche of tech savvy owners... Chrysler has also been the "blue collar luxury" brand and they have abandoned that model and it has shown over the past 6 years with no one product and now a radical change in direction.
It is a go bold or go bust versus a slow painful death.

As for Tesla, they are floated on the ego of their CEO and the perception of their stock. The more times goes on the more they have stay power but unless they stay ahead of the compeition from Kia, GM, and BMW, the novelty of Telsa = EV car will wain and why would I want to buy a Tesla over a more established brand.....

If they perfect autonomous driving - then they may secure their future, otherwise it comes down to cost/style/features which is always a crapshoot in the industry. With that said, I thought Google would fall down since their stock price was based on potential and non-revenue generating Search and I sure got that wrong.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I really appreciate the Fiat brand's minimalism with the new 500e. The Fiat has physical controls on the dash. This thing Chrysler is pushing is too much Big Brother stuff for me. I don't want a car that recognizes my face and says I can't leave my "fifteen minute city" due to my poor social credit standing.

Toyota's Crown series lineup is demonstrating where Chrysler should be. There is much speculation if North America will get all of the Crown models, but taken as a whole they are filling in the market niche that the legacy Chrysler brand has vacated.

cgseller

Reaction score
I really appreciate the Fiat brand's minimalism with the new 500e. The Fiat has physical controls on the dash. This thing Chrysler is pushing is too much Big Brother stuff for me. I don't want a car that recognizes my face and says I can't leave my "fifteen minute city" due to my poor social credit standing.

Toyota's Crown series lineup is demonstrating where Chrysler should be. There is much speculation if North America will get all of the Crown models, but taken as a whole they are filling in the market niche that the legacy Chrysler brand has vacated.
I think that is what they are telling you - that the new Chrysler is not going to be what it tried to be before and had a difficult time competing with others (aside from Minivan). They are going to not chase after their traditional customers but rather be a more bleeding edge brand that brings things to market first before the other more established brands to sort-of verify the waters.

This failed for Olds who alienated their customer base and then failed to attract enough younger crowd, however, Olds did it in realtime, Chrysler has instead created an absence of vehicles for years and so it will almost be a re-intro versus a revolution. Will it be enough?

Long story short - I don't think you will be one of their customers, and I think they are expecting that but I am just guessing based on their messaging and language.

TripleT

Reaction score
Y is the best selling vehicle in the world ….. continue diminish Musk at your own risk.

Chrysler relying on people bound for retirement homes is pretty bad business plan. It needs to attract a new demographic beyond what people here think

patfromigh

Reaction score
I don't think you will be one of their customers, and I think they are expecting that but I am just guessing based on their messaging and language.
The damage to my credit rating which the corporate lending arm caused me insures I will never buy another CDJR product ever again. They said I still owed them money on a loan well after I paid the note off. This is despite I had the cancelled check with a lean release they sent me.

My great grand father drove a Ford Model T for his first car and did not like the change to the Model A. This was right as Walter Chrysler was introducing the Plymouth brand. The family switched loyalties. His son (my grandfather), my father, my brother and myself all had a Plymouth for our first car. My son also had a Plymouth for a first car. Not all our cars were Plymouths. My oldest brother started off with a Dodge Dart and there are a lot of Chryslers, De Sotos, and Dodges, mixed into my extended family history.

Up until this past year all my vehicles have been Chrysler products. I have owned two Chrysler brand products in my lifetime, both were Town & Country models. One was a mammoth 1972 station wagon with a 440 under the hood, and the other was a T&C minivan with a 3.8 liter AWD setup. I'm amazed by the number of Town & Country wagons floating around in the back ground in much of the historic drag racing photos and videos around the internet. That is a piece of brand history which has been overlooked.

My son now drives a Chevy, but his experiences with the brand has soured him on GM products. Younger people want multi-task vehicles, that is why the Ford Maverick is a best seller. Chrysler has the Pacifica, but minivans have grown too big. What my son wants is a SWB minivan sized like the original Plymouth Voyager.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Y is the best selling vehicle in the world ….. continue diminish Musk at your own risk.

Chrysler relying on people bound for retirement homes is pretty bad business plan. It needs to attract a new demographic beyond what people here think
I remember the crash of the VW Beetle. It went from peak to bust within a few short years in North America.

Designing vehicles for a post-human future is a recipe for disaster. The younger demographic groups want vehicles which can multi-task. The Lexis brand gets this.

I'm writing this post from my room in the Soylent Green Senior Living Center.

BWS1

Reaction score
Most of those were absolute Mitsubishi based junk.
No that’s not a true statement. Three of those mitsu based? I’ve owned several vans, the 300, 200, brother had the aspen, close friend drove the wheels off the Pacifica . Thankfully no junk was detected . I know …..tell me how I’m anecdotal now. Just giving you my experience . And a blanket statement of junk is an over reach.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The near production ready Airflow concept is an example of the kind of vehicle which can multi-task, a tall hatch design. The rear seats probably fold for flexible cargo handling. Doug Wilson is correct in calling this clown world, because the people running things are clowns.

bill burke

Reaction score
Just can not leave this discussion and wish to add something. It seems the practicality and near term application of the focus features of this concept are a source of concern and they should be since few of them are currently practical. I too have expressed this concern. I wanted to give a counter point to these concerns which I also expressed earlier. This concept gives pause to concerns that the forces behind the Chrysler brand were dead in the water, lacking distinctive and aggressive direction to reboot the brand. In one bold concept we see that the brand has all the ingredients, from styling talent to technological resources, to relaunch the brand. It is comforting to see this display of talent and this should restore some faith in Chrysler’s future. Indeed much remains to be done, I’m even hopeful about the Airflow near term, but the boldness factor should not be a one off concept and the attention generated should not be squandered on following trends in handcuffs. Why not sedans, coupes, and drop tops? In a world of SUVs Chrysler needs one desperately, but it needs to forge risky things for the brand because it is obvious now, they can.

TripleT

Reaction score
No that’s not a true statement. Three of those mitsu based? I’ve owned several vans, the 300, 200, brother had the aspen, close friend drove the wheels off the Pacifica . Thankfully no junk was detected . I know …..tell me how I’m anecdotal now. Just giving you my experience . And a blanket statement of junk is an over reach.
Are you joking you must have some hell of good luck.

2 of them are Mishibishu based absolute Garbage from the brakes to roof welds. One is a worked hand me down Mercedes, One is ugly version of a Durango, another is regressive mid-life refresh of a Plymouth, another is the Daimler RT debacle cheap and bad redo of the Dodge Minivan, and only real Chrysler original product is horrible build quality Pacifica single worst Mopar I have ever owned but ahead of it time. and the 300.

That photo is NOTHING to point at as a time in history to duplicate, it was the dying days of the brand, an absolute cancer, a reason why it still hasn't recovered.

TripleT

Reaction score
The near production ready Airflow concept is an example of the kind of vehicle which can multi-task, a tall hatch design. The rear seats probably fold for flexible cargo handling. Doug Wilson is correct in calling this clown world, because the people running things are clowns.
STLA mid is not US ready anythime soon.

TripleT

Reaction score
I remember the crash of the VW Beetle. It went from peak to bust within a few short years in North America.

Designing vehicles for a post-human future is a recipe for disaster. The younger demographic groups want vehicles which can multi-task. The Lexis brand gets this.

I'm writing this post from my room in the Soylent Green Senior Living Center.
Not teenagers. People not a year and half away from ubering everywhere cuz there adult children won't let them drive. Development cycle is like 5 years. Aiming to please people in there mid-60s is death to a brand.

AlexB

Reaction score
''Junk you like'' is still junk.

BWS1

Reaction score

2 of them are Mishibishu based absolute Garbage from the brakes to roof welds. One is a worked hand me down Mercedes, One is ugly version of a Durango, another is regressive mid-life refresh of a Plymouth, another is the Daimler RT debacle cheap and bad redo of the Dodge Minivan, and only real Chrysler original product is horrible build quality Pacifica single worst Mopar I have ever owned but ahead of it time. and the 300.

That photo is NOTHING to point at as a time in history to duplicate, it was the dying days of the brand, an absolute cancer, a reason why it still hasn't recovered.

So you’ve explained all the reasons Mopar was always to the beginning of time pure sh&$ before your hero Sm came along , but you still didn’t explain your junk theory . And so two out of what nine doesn’t make it all mitsu. Just tame down your freeking statements a little for Gods sake. There’s a few of us on here who enjoyed a Mopar back before we knew maestro Sergio ever existed .

Users who are viewing this thread