Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HARMONY-IN-MOTION: Meet The Chrysler Halcyon Concept

Chrysler has unveiled its latest concept car, the Halcyon Concept, offering a sneak peek into the brand’s vision for the future of automotive design. With a blend of innovation, sustainability, and personalized driving experiences, the Halcyon Concept is set to revolutionize the way we perceive electric vehicles. STLA Large Platform – The STLA Large platform is the backbone of the Chrysler Halcyon Concept, providing a solid foundation for its electrified future. This platform is specifically designed to accommodate electric vehicles (EVs), ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. Think of the STLA Large platform as the framework of a building. It’s engineered … (read full article...)

CN024_004CHlehnhqtpcgoun534jmv4o054l5.jpeg

AlexB

Reaction score
Nice generalized stupid statement. Thanks
Your "thanks" is Not Welcomed.
What is stupid is you thinking you're smarter than the 44Th President Of The United States who got on National American Television to state Chrysler "Is NOT A VIABLE BUSINESS" standalone.

MotorMaven

Reaction score
Understand.
But my question is:Why would the EV Buyer purchase it over a Tesla? Stellantis will try to keep the front & rear design, the rest would be up in the air.
A Chrysler product is going to have better build quality than a comparable Tesla product, and also benefit from a century of experience in packaging and ergonomics.

One of the essential elements for a Chrysler comeback is going to be confidence. So long as Chrysler and its customers think they cannot compete, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The other thing that needs to happen is the acceptance of change. Change is going to create the opportunities of the future… the days of large displacement HEMI V8s are over; it’s time for Chrysler to reinvent the EV the way the 300 reinvented the full sized car back in 2004.

Pining for HEMIs is like pining for K-cars; the moment has passed.

BWS1

Reaction score
Your "thanks" is Not Welcomed.
What is stupid is you thinking you're smarter than the 44Th President Of The United States who got on National American Television to state Chrysler "Is NOT A VIABLE BUSINESS" standalone.
Wow. Not sure what Obama’s choreographed remarks would have to do with a few of us yearning for Chrysler to actually offered some vehicles to purchase. But not surprised you would be referencing him. That fits . Like I said , stupidity .

TripleT

Reaction score
So you’ve explained all the reasons Mopar was always to the beginning of time pure sh&$ before your hero Sm came along , but you still didn’t explain your junk theory . And so two out of what nine doesn’t make it all mitsu. Just tame down your freeking statements a little for Gods sake. There’s a few of us on here who enjoyed a Mopar back before we knew maestro Sergio ever existed .
I don't if your just so partisan or just poorly informed. Or live in some sort of fantasy world. or really are just so Xenophobic that is blinds you to reality. That picture was of dying brand, it was brand of low quality, poorly executed, horrible interior, bad build quality, mostly label marketed automobiles chrome grilled posers. After Daimler was gutting cost out of the company after wasted nearly 20 billion trying to acquire Mitsubishi, this was the Dark Days under Cerebrus when they were plotting to break to company into nothingness. That was a picture of near terminal cancer patent. To pretend otherwise is just pure rewriting of history.

All of us here a Mopar fans, but NO ONE should pretend that was a good time for Mopar or the Chrysler Brand. SM saved Chrysler and Dodge. WIthout him THERE IS NO Chrysler and Dodge. Without him there was no FCA. Without him Jeep is owned by the Chinese, the Minivan Assets part of VW, and the RAM a Nissan. If you are Mopar fan even a little bit you would admire that SM saved the company.

Sebring ... Mitsubishi
Sebring Convertible ... Mitsubishi
Firepower - Mercedes old model
Aspen - Chrome grill Durango
Minivan - Chrome grilled Dodge RT, RT was regressive model arguably the worst minivan since its inception.
PT Cruiser - a relabeled Plymouth, worst yet it was with the Daimler era cost out interior, made these years junk.

So, your left with 2 unique Chrysler intended products one of which still had a platform mate.

300 had it new cost down interior. Probably it worst year.
Pacifica .... Great idea poorly executed.... which shouldn't surprise anyone given this point of time.

So, excuse me for the Mitsubishi juke comment but at that time there was A LOT of Mitsubishi (remember this the emission scandal time for that company) junk on the lots. Some of which with JATCO junk for transmissions.

Sebring, Sebring Convertible, Avenger, Caliber, Compass, Patriot, and Journey.

That picture was nothing to strive for, NOTHING.

TripleT

Reaction score
While I'm not pining for a Hemi return, the K-car has returned with a vengeance. All we need to do is look at what underpins the Jeep Avenger, Fiat 600, a bunch of Peugeot, Citroen, Opel products and the new Lancia Ypsilon.
PSA with its massive collection for regional brands certainly has embraced the Coachwork model.

BWS1

Reaction score
I don't if your just so partisan or just poorly informed. Or live in some sort of fantasy world. or really are just so Xenophobic that is blinds you to reality. That picture was of dying brand, it was brand of low quality, poorly executed, horrible interior, bad build quality, mostly label marketed automobiles chrome grilled posers. After Daimler was gutting cost out of the company after wasted nearly 20 billion trying to acquire Mitsubishi, this was the Dark Days under Cerebrus when they were plotting to break to company into nothingness. That was a picture of near terminal cancer patent. To pretend otherwise is just pure rewriting of history.

All of us here a Mopar fans, but NO ONE should pretend that was a good time for Mopar or the Chrysler Brand. SM saved Chrysler and Dodge. WIthout him THERE IS NO Chrysler and Dodge. Without him there was no FCA. Without him Jeep is owned by the Chinese, the Minivan Assets part of VW, and the RAM a Nissan. If you are Mopar fan even a little bit you would admire that SM saved the company.

Sebring ... Mitsubishi
Sebring Convertible ... Mitsubishi
Minivan - Chrome grilled Dodge RT, RT was regressive model arguably the worst minivan since its inception.
PT Cruiser - a relabeled Plymouth, worst yet it was with the Daimler era cost out interior, made these years junk.

So, your left with 2 unique Chrysler intended products one of which still had a platform mate.

300 had it new cost down interior. Probably it worst year.
Pacifica .... Great idea poorly executed.... which shouldn't surprise anyone given this point of time.

So, excuse me for the Mitsubishi juke comment but at that time there was A LOT of Mitsubishi (remember this the emission scandal time for that company) junk on the lots. Some of which with JATCO junk for transmissions.

Sebring, Sebring Convertible, Avenger, Caliber, Compass, Patriot, and Journey.

That picture was nothing to strive for, NOTHING.
If you take time to see through the veins popping in your eyeballs I think you would recognize the point he was trying to make. No one ever said these were the glory model years. It was just nice to see a broad spectrum of models covering many segments. And fairly competitive against their peers. And a stark comparison to where we find things today with one crappy model conceived by, dare we say it, Sergio. I think that was the point RM was trying to convene. But always some wisears that has to point out the down side. You wear that hat well. 👍

AlexB

Reaction score
If you take time to see through the veins popping in your eyeballs I think you would recognize the point he was trying to make. No one ever said these were the glory model years. It was just nice to see a broad spectrum of models covering many segments. And fairly competitive against their peers. And a stark comparison to where we find things today with one crappy model conceived by, dare we say it, Sergio. I think that was the point RM was trying to convene. But always some wisears that has to point out the down side. You wear that hat well. 👍
You ignore the fact that you have no point. In fact the trash you called "broad spectrum of models covering many segments" when in fact 44th President of the United States can to the conclusion that Chrysler & GM "Can't Be Everything To Everybody".
Record profits the Lee could only dream about proves running of the Chrysler business under FIAT is correct.

Last edited:

BWS1

Reaction score
You ignore the fact that you have no point. In fact the trash you called "broad spectrum of models covering many segments" when in fact 44th President of the United States can to the conclusion that Chrysler & GM "Can't Be Everything To Everybody".
Record profits the Lee could only dream about proves running of the Chrysler business under FIAT is correct.
You boys are a riot. Barack running the car biz. That’s righteous. You realize he would just as soon nationalize it all right? Oh wait, that’s the model you’re accustomed to anyway.

TripleT

Reaction score
You're so far from a factual point, that is hard to sort out. If one is point at 2008 as something to emulate in any way, then you're so far off target. This was Cancer year. And No, the products weren't competitive against peers. I was a company on the verge of implosion.

If the point is that ones like quantity of quality, then my wise a$$ disagrees.

Historically Chrysler was NEVER volume brand, it only became that way in the late 90s, related badge engineering and the consolidation of the Eagle and Plymouth brands. A profound mistake diminishing Chryslers image.

2008 being an example 3 actual Chryslers Convertible, 300, and Pacifica.

BWS1

Reaction score
You're so far from a factual point, that is hard to sort out. If one is point at 2008 as something to emulate in any way, then you're so far off target. This was Cancer year. And No, the products weren't competitive against peers. I was a company on the verge of implosion.

If the point is that ones like quantity of quality, then my wise a$$ disagrees.

Historically Chrysler was NEVER volume brand, it only became that way in the late 90s, related badge engineering and the consolidation of the Eagle and Plymouth brands. A profound mistake diminishing Chryslers image.

2008 being an example 3 actual Chryslers Convertible, 300, and Pacifica.
Ah T, don’t think it matters much honestly. Brand will soon be disappearing and I hate it. Nothing much left to root for anyway. Good memories of a scrappy American Corp. that found a way to beat the odds many times.

AlexB

Reaction score
You boys are a riot. Barack running the car biz. That’s righteous. You realize he would just as soon nationalize it all right? Oh wait, that’s the model you’re accustomed to anyway.
Reading would help you... instead having your head stuck up your backside: Only FIAT wanted Chrysler, so once it come to the ruling Chrysler IS NOT A VIABLE STANDALONE business the U.S.Government under 44 President made the deal with FIAT, & forced Concessions on the UAW that lives to this very day.

AlexB

Reaction score
A Chrysler product is going to have better build quality than a comparable Tesla product, and also benefit from a century of experience in packaging and ergonomics.

One of the essential elements for a Chrysler comeback is going to be confidence. So long as Chrysler and its customers think they cannot compete, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The other thing that needs to happen is the acceptance of change. Change is going to create the opportunities of the future… the days of large displacement HEMI V8s are over; it’s time for Chrysler to reinvent the EV the way the 300 reinvented the full sized car back in 2004.

Pining for HEMIs is like pining for K-cars; the moment has passed.
"Blue Skies", "Optimism"... I don't know is that compelling enough, especially when the 1st model is basically the Chrysler version of Wagonner S/Cherokee.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ah T, don’t think it matters much honestly. Brand will soon be disappearing and I hate it. Nothing much left to root for anyway. Good memories of a scrappy American Corp. that found a way to beat the odds many times.
OK lets through this again. 2008 the picture was the snapshot of a Cancerous Brand, a brand that its owner were about to be KIll by the very owners who produced that picture... Dead Dead. I brand before then that was always 1 or 2 luxury models. A brand that became the catch all for stuff that didnt fit Dodge sports image.... that used to by Plymouth. 300C and Pacifica really the only true model to its historic mission. Not to different from today.

SM saved it but as I am is not a fan of competing models on the same lot. Makes sense give the CDJ merger in the 90s.

So SUVs Jeep, Sporty cars Dodge, Work trucks RAM.... this left cars and people movers.... basically Plymouth. THIS WAS Never Chrysler. So SM spent billions on product that I willing to bet you told him he had to have HAD TO. turns out nope. Cars especially traditional luxury and people movers are a overcapacity dying market. That on the consumers... Turns our moms rather have CUV then a minivan.. OK

Scappy... you mean always on the brink of bankruptcy.... that is not fun....

Chrysler needs to go back and be Chrysler not Kia, Not Honda, Not Plymouth. I few exclusive luxury CUVS and Sedans. 2 to 3 models. Root for that.

But every time they try something the BOO Birds come out, point to 2008 for good sakes, and say some Xenophobic crap about who is running the show. We are 3 decades away from the last time Chrysler was relevant, it amazing it still kicking.

BWS1

Reaction score
OK lets through this again. 2008 the picture was the snapshot of a Cancerous Brand, a brand that its owner were about to be KIll by the very owners who produced that picture... Dead Dead. I brand before then that was always 1 or 2 luxury models. A brand that became the catch all for stuff that didnt fit Dodge sports image.... that used to by Plymouth. 300C and Pacifica really the only true model to its historic mission. Not to different from today.

SM saved it but as I am is not a fan of competing models on the same lot. Makes sense give the CDJ merger in the 90s.

So SUVs Jeep, Sporty cars Dodge, Work trucks RAM.... this left cars and people movers.... basically Plymouth. THIS WAS Never Chrysler. So SM spent billions on product that I willing to bet you told him he had to have HAD TO. turns out nope. Cars especially traditional luxury and people movers are a overcapacity dying market. That on the consumers... Turns our moms rather have CUV then a minivan.. OK

Scappy... you mean always on the brink of bankruptcy.... that is not fun....

Chrysler needs to go back and be Chrysler not Kia, Not Honda, Not Plymouth. I few exclusive luxury CUVS and Sedans. 2 to 3 models. Root for that.

But every time they try something the BOO Birds come out, point to 2008 for good sakes, and say some Xenophobic crap about who is running the show. We are 3 decades away from the last time Chrysler was relevant, it amazing it still kicking.
You’re right. Thanks for all the info.

MotorMaven

Reaction score
While I'm not pining for a Hemi return, the K-car has returned with a vengeance. All we need to do is look at what underpins the Jeep Avenger, Fiat 600, a bunch of Peugeot, Citroen, Opel products and the new Lancia Ypsilon.
None of those are sold in any Chrysler markets though.

MotorMaven

Reaction score
Sebring ... Mitsubishi
Nope, unless you’re referring to the coupe (which was a stretched Eclipse).

The Sebring sedan was based on an updated JA “cloud car” platform and was 100% Chrysler. Same with the Sebring convertible, which was based on a strengthened JA platform with additional crossmembers for greater torsional rigidity.

Engines, transmissions and every other component for the sedan and convertible was 100% Chrysler.

Based on a Mercedes platform, but not comparable to the Mercedes. It had a different wheelbase, packaging, suspension and price point.

Just like the Escalade is “just a Yukon XL with chrome.”

The Town and Country was the best selling premium minivan for its entire run. There’s nothing wrong with an upmarket product based on a stablemate’s platform — Cadillac and Lexus print money doing that.

False. There was never a Plymouth version of the PT, which was introduced after the demise of the Plymouth brand.

TripleT

Reaction score
Nope, unless you’re referring to the coupe (which was a stretched Eclipse).

The Sebring sedan was based on an updated JA “cloud car” platform and was 100% Chrysler. Same with the Sebring convertible, which was based on a strengthened JA platform with additional crossmembers for greater torsional rigidity.

Engines, transmissions and every other component for the sedan and convertible was 100% Chrysler.

Based on a Mercedes platform, but not comparable to the Mercedes. It had a different wheelbase, packaging, suspension and price point.

Just like the Escalade is “just a Yukon XL with chrome.”

The Town and Country was the best selling premium minivan for its entire run. There’s nothing wrong with an upmarket product based on a stablemate’s platform — Cadillac and Lexus print money doing that.

False. There was never a Plymouth version of the PT, which was introduced after the demise of the Plymouth brand.
You type all that out and didn't even have the right Platform? Unless you were referring to the JS and JC in hinting. Mitsubishi GS is the bases of JS, JC, and PM/MK. Thought of in most circles as the worst platform ever, no wonder given the penny pinching at the time.

I know the people who were working with the Mitsubishi Catia files.... So cute that you are pulling the party line. But the 2008 Sebring was a bad version of the Mitsubishi platform. Mitsubishi was on another version of Catia and Chrysler engineers spent more time with file issues then designing the cars. Major reason why they were junk, claiming them as all DCX is embarrassing for DCX engineers.

PT Cruiser was a Plymouth right to the point when they Killed Plymouth. Also the reason there were DOWN market RTs sold as Chyrsler.

That one looks at 2008 and thinks of it as anything other than Critical Cancer patient, is revisionary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread