Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

550 HP 2025 Dodge Charger SIX PACK H/O Coupe Coming

In a bold move, Dodge is rewriting the rules of the muscle car game with its all-new 2025 Charger SIX PACK lineup. Departing from the traditional HEMI® V8 engines, Dodge is embracing innovation by introducing the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter ‘Hurricane’ I6 engines, dubbed the ‘SIX PACK’, as the powerhouse behind its latest muscle car offerings. The Charger SIX PACK comes in two variants: the high-output (H/O) version for the two-door coupe and the standard-output (S/O) version for the four-door sedan. The 2025 Charger SIX PACK coupe packs a punch with its high-output (H/O) Hurricane engine, boasting a formidable 550 horsepower and … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.47.14 PM.jpeg

Mopar392

Reaction score
Huh, Totally, different grill and hood, and Cap wasn't enough? Still looks like a 68' inspired.

It’s totally different, while the same. No R Wing on Sixpack, and obvious air intakes on front. Hood different.

Initially looks like they did a decent job of differentiating

IMG_5770.jpeg
Yes the front clip and hood are different but still close

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Wow! This would be the car I’d be waiting for. That’s a great line up right there. Nice choices too and the hatch is awesome. I hope this puts everyone else in a spin! When I win the lotto, I’m getting one!
Love that six pack moniker!
Beautiful looking car!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
@redriderbob do you know if After Dark is the dark blue color that was on stage, or is it the dark gray color from photos? Can’t tell if the bright blue in the photos above are supposed to be the same color that was shown on stage.
IMG_0990.jpeg

In any case, this car has reignited the Dodge guy in me. My first car was a Challenger, and my favorite car was a Charger. I’ll be ordering one of these as soon as the gas models are available to order.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I'm so glad they announced the ICE model at the introduction.

I'm also very happy to see a 4-door liftback model.

Pricing will be the determining factor for me. Too bad no manual transmission tho.

bill burke

Reaction score
Credit given, let’s face it Dodge did everything possible under the Stellantis green mandates to build a muscle car and they delivered pretty well, praise given for their effort. I do find the new Charger to offer some styling successes but overall the new Charge lacks enough of the aggressive look it deserves. The interior though is just outstanding as are the features. The success rests with public acceptance but the effort by Dodge was really outstanding and praiseworthy.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I'm so glad they announced the ICE model at the introduction.

I'm also very happy to see a 4-door liftback model.

Pricing will be the determining factor for me. Too bad no manual transmission tho.
I was shocked they showed both the gas and four door. Fully expected just EV EV EV. I wonder, if the recent fallout of the EV market with everyone having to re-evaluate their plans, is why Dodge chose to mention the gas. Or if that was the plan all along.

It’s going to be fun seeing the Sixpack dual the Dark Horse. Which I applaud Ford for sticking with it. And I’m the biggest Ford hater there is.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Fully expected just EV EV EV.
When the Stellantis EV strategy was presented a little while back they showed four platforms. STLA small, medium, large and frame. There is flexibility in power-train source baked into the design. The Ram 1500, for example, will be ICE, plugin hybrid, (range extended EV) and full battery electric. The Charger is on the STLA Large platform. I'm guessing we will eventually see mild hybrid and PHEV variations of the Charger.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Right, I was merely commenting on the unveil, I expected them to just show the EV and try to spin that into a positive and sell us on it. And to hold the gas version for a later mention.

Looping it into the EV unveil was a great move, got everyone excited whether it be the EV or the gas, instead of many of us saying “yeah but what about the gas…?”

TripleT

Reaction score
The has to be a V8 and has to sound good is BS. People were perfectly fine with an odd fire V10 in several cars including the Challenger.

If your going to tell me that Monster sounded good, you lying to me and yourself.

Mopar392

Reaction score
The vibration and sound of the V8 will sure be missed.

I’m sure someone will line up the HO SixPack against a Scat Pack or even a HEMI, which will be interesting, considering the extra weight the new Charger carries.

TripleT

Reaction score
The vibration and sound of the V8 will sure be missed.

I’m sure someone will line up the HO SixPack against a Scat Pack or even a HEMI, which will be interesting, considering the extra weight the new Charger carries.
Why do you believe that ICE versions will be heavier. To my knowledge that has not been publish. YES the EV will be heavy, but the STLA large is a more material efficient and the Hurricane is lighter than the Hemi.

It is larger, but I would expect even with more safety and luxury features I can imagine it being a bit lighter.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Why do you believe that ICE versions will be heavier. To my knowledge that has not been publish. YES the EV will be heavy, but the STLA large is a more material efficient and the Hurricane is lighter than the Hemi.

It is larger, but I would expect even with more safety and luxury features I can imagine it being a bit lighter.
Dodge never became lighter with any new production model.
The new Charger is larger in every dimension than the old Charger and Challenger.
Even if lighter body material were utilized, and as you said, the safety and luxury equipment will offset and add weight.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
According to Caleb Jacobs at The Drive there will be no manual transmission for the Sixpack. I admit this might be a deal breaker, maybe...
there was no mention of the new Charger's transmission options, so we reached out to Dodge and got the answer:

"No plans for a manual transmission."

TripleT

Reaction score
Dodge never became lighter with any new production model.
The new Charger is larger in every dimension than the old Charger and Challenger.
Even if lighter body material were utilized, and as you said, the safety and luxury equipment will offset and add weight.
Gulia is pretty light, that said PSA doesn't have the same motivations for material replacement lightening that SM had.

James.A

Reaction score
Gulia is pretty light, that said PSA doesn't have the same motivations for material replacement lightening that SM had.
There is also AWD to consider. I'd imagine a breakeven around 4000 LBS. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread