What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

550 HP 2025 Dodge Charger SIX PACK H/O Coupe Coming

In a bold move, Dodge is rewriting the rules of the muscle car game with its all-new 2025 Charger SIX PACK lineup. Departing from the traditional HEMI® V8 engines, Dodge is embracing innovation by introducing the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter ‘Hurricane’ I6 engines, dubbed the ‘SIX PACK’, as the powerhouse behind its latest muscle car offerings. The Charger SIX PACK comes in two variants: the high-output (H/O) version for the two-door coupe and the standard-output (S/O) version for the four-door sedan. The 2025 Charger SIX PACK coupe packs a punch with its high-output (H/O) Hurricane engine, boasting a formidable 550 horsepower and … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.47.14 PM.jpeg

I
I really believe that this is ALL on the Merger. And while Management Pushed to keep schedules, it impossible to make up for the Cascading effects of delayed capital approval.

As someone who has been through this personally. Management always seems to count of the optimistic schedules over the realistic schedules, and nearly NEVER look at the pessimistic timelines, and don't want to leave time for things to be fixed. And always ignore the time lost for their approvals and somehow want Project managers and engineers to FIX it somehow.

And those who know here what I do... Trust me this is not at all isolated to any particular OEM but is Universal.
I think what you’re saying is correct. And the key here is bad management that keeps showing up in every facet of what they are doing. The next three years are supposedly a new launch bonanza. They’d better whack every one out of the park or this 15 year European soap opera is over. And they’ve got to do more than just build a great car. For goodness sake someone fire everyone in marketing and start over. A great car has to be positioned in the proper market, priced realistically relative to its competition , and then marketed cleverly. Case in point - 🐝

I'm completely in love with both the ev and the hurricane. Can't wait to see the banshee. I hope direct connection has alot in store for both ev and hurricane powered cars! Way to go Dodge!!!!
Not sure how my comment got here from MArch 5th of this year but oh well I guess??

I look at this car and right off the bat I see so many factory options for this car. 71-74 Chargers had a few different hood options from the louvered heat extractor style hood, the actual air grabber hood and the Super Bee hood options. It wouldn't be hard to imagine an aero package on this car (both 2 & 4 door) with aggressive side splitters, rear diffuser, a more aggressive front lip with fender extensions, different lower fascia openings and a "Gull Wing" on the back similar to what the ZL1-1LE Low wing was like. Hopefully the Standard Output sedan will have the option for the insane brakes, staggered wheels & 305fr/325rr tires and all of the other stuff that the Scat pack has and a few Direct Connection Stage packages. I guess at some point we will see the other wheel options and things start coming out for this car along with graphics, interior options, etc. As I've said before I would love to see Direct Connection go full tilt on this car with upgrades for every single powertrain and configuration.

Perhaps the delay in the ICE versions of the Charger is due to vendor and supplier concerns. ZF spent a ton of money on the 4th generation 8-speed transmission, including building a new production line in North America. Will the check from Stellantis bounce? What commitments are in place to pay back the investments of vendors and suppliers for the next Chrysler and Dodge products, when the future of these brands themselves is in doubt.
4th gen really doesn't make sense without MHEV or PHEV.

Wasn't it scheduled for 2022? Production start or ZF 8HP 4th gen stateside.

Saw an article today about how the 3.0 engines are having overheating issues. And apparently the water pump is a full day job to change. Some kind of plastic components inside the pump failing. See, this was my fear all along. You've got an engine that doesn't have 8 cylinders, doesn't have a dipstick so you can watch oil level/contamination and care for the thing, and it's overly complex in its design. Working on them is going to suck. They'll never hold up to aftermarket power adders. They'll never sound good. They'll never be respected in car culture.

We can sugar coat this all we want, but an engine like this ruins the heritage of what a muscle car is supposed to be. It's not enough to just be fast. It's the entire experience.. the sound, the design of the engine, being able to work on it at home, being able to modify it for your own taste. Basically being able to play with it like a large toy. That's what made muscle cars enjoyable for so many decades. Dodge took all of that away with this finnicky, fancy little I-6. It truly is a shame.

I really like the interior and exterior of the new car. But just can't get over the two powertrain options....

Saw an article today about how the 3.0 engines are having overheating issues. And apparently the water pump is a full day job to change. Some kind of plastic components inside the pump failing. See, this was my fear all along. You've got an engine that doesn't have 8 cylinders, doesn't have a dipstick so you can watch oil level/contamination and care for the thing, and it's overly complex in its design. Working on them is going to suck. They'll never hold up to aftermarket power adders. They'll never sound good. They'll never be respected in car culture.

We can sugar coat this all we want, but an engine like this ruins the heritage of what a muscle car is supposed to be. It's not enough to just be fast. It's the entire experience.. the sound, the design of the engine, being able to work on it at home, being able to modify it for your own taste. Basically being able to play with it like a large toy. That's what made muscle cars enjoyable for so many decades. Dodge took all of that away with this finnicky, fancy little I-6. It truly is a shame.

I really like the interior and exterior of the new car. But just can't get over the two powertrain options....
Good god it is not that Complex... it is compact. I6 engines are much simpler than dual valve train engines. You going to stand here a say the EAGLE had no startup problems? The whole line of engines still has failures, Hell Ford is changing heads on Coyotes, they have made them forever.

And then pretend that I6 engines aren't tuned and don't sound good is fanciful.

This is such a bad take it comes off as Satire. You want it to be so .... so your just trying to find evidence of it.

Last edited:

To remove the 3.0 in the Ram you have to remove the front clip and the cab. That is brilliant engineering.
The thermostats in these engines are failing because part of the thermo is plastic. Anything to save a few cents in production and then spend it in warranty work and lose customer goodwill. Spend 80K on a new Ram and a basic part like the thermostat fails. On top of this, the part is on a national back order.

Good god it is not that Complex... it is compact. I6 engines are much simpler than dual valve train engines. You going to stand here a say the EAGLE had no startup problems? The whole line of engines still has failures, Hell Ford is changing heads on Coyotes, they have made them forever.

And then pretend that I6 engines aren't tuned and don't sound good is fanciful.

This is such a bad take it comes off as Satire. You want it to be so .... so your just trying to find evidence of it.
We get your hardon on for 6 vs 8. Your wife, if you found someone that could stand you that long, would take 8 over your shriveled less than 6 every time.

It’s not that difficult. 6 cylinders generally sound awful, and they aren’t a muscle car. Period. If you can’t figure that out, you’re the problem.

We want V8’s. That’s not going to change, leave us alone

Back