While the North American market has had almost a year to enjoy the 797 horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye, the car is ready to make its debut on the international market. Tuesday, Dodge Middle East broke the news that supercharged muscle car was coming to dealers in the region this month.
With the limited edition 840 horsepower 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon being only available in the United States and Canada, the Middle East market who is known for the crazy antics with American muscle cars didn’t have a chance to experience the ludicrous power of the Demon motor. Now, they will get a chance to with the HELLCAT Redeye.
Compared with the standard SRT HELLCAT engine, the Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine features:
- Largest factory supercharger of any production car – 2.7 liters versus 2.4 liters
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Fuel: Two dual-stage fuel pumps versus one
- At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye’s high-output engine consumes 1.43 gal/min (5.4 liters/min) of fuel – enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, yet is still rated at 22 miles per gallon (mpg) when driven in normal highway conditions
- Larger induction air box with three sources of intake air:
- New dual-snorkel hood
- Driver-side Air Catcher headlamp
- Inlet near the wheel liner
Additional features from the SRT Demon that help the Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye achieve its status as the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car:
- Torque Reserve delivers up to 3.9 psi of boost at launch and up to 55 percent more engine torque
- Only factory production car with both SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller
- High-strength steel prop shafts provide a 15 percent increase in torque capacity
- 41-spline half shafts provide a 20 percent increase in torque capacity
The SRT HELLCAT Redeye offers two final drive ratios, a standard 2.62:1 or available 3.09:1 for enhanced launch capability.
The 2019 Challenger SRT HELLCAT lineup delivers improved performance numbers, including a new top speed of 203 miles per hours (mph), making the Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car.
It looks that only the Widebody model will be available for the Middle East region. Nevertheless, the debut of the supercharged monster should kick up the popularity of the brand. In a market with vehicles like the 485 horsepower Chrysler 300 SRT and the compact Dodge Neon, the Middle East region definitely has some North Americans jealous of their lineup of Dodge//SRT vehicles.