Located in South Dakota, the Badlands is one of the most ruggedly beautiful places in all the United States. The area is known for its dramatic landscapes, layered rock formations, towering spires, and steep canyons. One of the animals that call the Badlands it’s home, is the Bighorn Sheep (also known as a Ram). Hince, a perfect name for a special lineup of lifted special edition Ram pickups from Tuscany Motor Company.
If this all sounds familiar, it’s because we talked about the half-ton variant back in December. Now, it’s time to check out the Heavy Duty version of the Badlands lineup.
The 2022 Ram 2500 “Badlander” pickup offers a fully customizable pickup truck, right off the showroom floor. The Badlander adds aggressive styling elements to make the vehicle look more menacing than the average 2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn or Laramie pickups that it is based on. The Badlander might not be the aggressive off-roader that the Power Wagon is, but it does offer a complete custom lifted appearance to the already handsome fourth-generation Ram Heavy Duty.
Tuscany Motor Company was bought by Fox Factory, Inc., best known for their Fox Racing Shox brand off-road racing suspension components. The same company that Mopar and Ford, call for their lift kits and performance vehicles, so you know the Badlander is going to use some high-quality components underneath its skin.
Based on the 2022 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4×4 configuration, the Badlander can be configurated from either the Big Horn or Laramie trim levels. Each Badlander includes the following equipment…
- BDS 6-Inch Premium Suspension Lift-Kit
- FOX 2.0 Adventure Series Shocks
- 22-Inch “Badlander” Wheels By 4-Play Wheels
- 37-Inch BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 Tires
- Power Boards with Rock Guards and Entry Lights
- Color-Matched Pocket Fender Flares
- Premium Front Bumper with 40-Inch and 6-Inch LED Lights
- Premium Rear Bumper with Tucked Exhaust
- Color-Matched Grille Accents
- Signature “Badlander” Badging
- Blacked Out Exterior Factory Badging
- Custom “Badlander” Leather/Suede Seating
- Stainless Steel “Badlander” Guage Package
- Deep Tinted Windows (50 State)
- FMVSS Compliant
- 3-Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty
Powering the Ram 2500 Badlander is a tough and proven 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel inline-six engine. The Cummins produces 370 horsepower and 850 lb.-ft. of torque, mated to a 68RFE 6-speed automatic transmission. Tuscany tucked the Cummins exhaust, up under the rear bumper to improve ground clearance for those wanting to take their trucks off-road.
All of the builds are Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) compliant and feature a 3-Year/36,000-mile warranty. Pricing varies by truck, depending on the pickup that is used for the base of the build. With a vast dealer network across the country, there is no worry in hunting for a place to service the Badlander no matter where you are located.
2022 Ram 2500 “Badlander” Special Edition Image Gallery: