We get a ton of e-mail from our readers here at MoparInsiders.com and our sister site 5thGenRams.com. One of the most frequent questions we get is, why is there a 2019 Ram 1500 Sport model for Canada only and not the United States? Not only does this have to be one of the frequent, but one of the most passionate as well.
In more than half of the e-mails written to us, our readers complain that they “hate chrome” on their pickups. While most do love how Ram Trucks offers Sport Appearance Packages on multiple trim levels on their trucks, they still have the fact you have chrome and silver badging across the truck.
While the Black Appearance Package does offer all black badging, many of those who have written to us say they would choose a different color other than Black if given a choice.
We have explained to our readers, that many of the badges are now available through Mopar which you can replace on your own many of them have wrote back saying that “paying that much for a truck, that is the last thing they want to do”.
So what sets the Canadian-only 2019 Ram 1500 Sport apart from a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport? A lot. The Canadian Ram 1500 Sport features more standard equipment than a Big Horn (as well as many things not found on any other Ram trim level). In Canada, the Ram 1500 Sport is on par with the Ram 1500 Rebel for it’s price structure. Which happens to be right in the middle of the Big Horn and Laramie trim levels.
Here are the features exclusive to the 2019 Ram 1500 Sport vs a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport…
- Standard 5.7-liter HEMI V8
- Standard Bi-LED Headlamps with Black Bezels (Same Found on Black Appearance Packages w/ LED option and Rebel)
- Standard Black outlined LED Taillamps (Same Found on Black Appearance Packages w/ LED option and Rebel)
- Standard Blacked-Out side window surrounds as well as all badging
- Optional Sport Hood (Same as Rebel, but unlike Laramie Sport, there is no Silver highlighted writing)
- Three wheel designs are offered (The Big Horn Black’s 20-inch aluminum wheels, 20-inch aluminum 5-spoke wheels with black pockets (which replaced the 20-inch multi-spoke chrome aluminum wheels that where offered on the package and can be found on as an option on Laramie Sport models), or the 22-inch “Black Noise” aluminum wheels also offered on Laramie models.
- All-Black Cabin w/ Black Headliner
- Satin Light Black Chrome Accents
- Real Metal Trim w/ Diamond Plate Look (found on Rebel)
- Sport Badge on upper glovebox
- Instrument Panel and Cluster are soft-wrapped and feature diesel grey French stitching
- Standard Power Heated Sport Premium Cloth with unique “hex” insert fabric
- Optional leather heated and ventilated seats (which is found on Laramie Sport)
- Standard Power Adjustable Pedals
- Standard Heated Steering Wheel
- Standard CD Player
- Optional 12.1-inch Uconnect touchscreen infotainment system with Harman Kardon audio system
When the 2019 Ram 1500 Sport was launched earlier this year, Reid Bigland, President and CEO, FCA Canada and Head of the Ram Brand stated the following… “We sold over 100,000 Ram products in Canada last year and we pride ourselves on knowing our customers and listening to their needs. That’s why the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 Sport is being built exclusively for the Canadian market and why we are confident our truck owners will embrace the unique style and capability it offers.”
It is something we look forward in seeing that Ram will open this truck to it’s American customers as well. The hundreds of e-mails we have received since this summer also proves there is a huge base in the United States looking at buying the truck that is currently built here.
If you would like to forward your e-mail to Ram Trucks to build the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 Sport here in the United States, you can do so HERE.
Canada-Only 2019 Ram 1500 Sport Image Gallery: