For the 2019 model year, Dodge has rolled out a rear-wheel drive (RWD) version of it’s performance based all-wheel drive (AWD) trim.
Available on GT RWD models for 2019 is the Performance Handling Group, which brings enhanced braking and handling capabilities. On GT RWD, the Performance Handling Group features four-piston Brembo brakes (front and rear), wider 20 x 9-inch Black Noise wheels and a larger rear sway bar for improved driving experience and reduced understeer.
The GT RWD has been positioned to be optioned almost identical to the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 powered R/T model. However, the GT RWD is powered by the 305-horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 and 8-speed automatic. Lets look at the breakdown of this new performance package…
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENGINE (ERB) w/ 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANSMISSION (MAKE) (DFT) – Standard
- 20″X8.0″ Aluminum Wheels (WSN) (Not Available on ADX or AGB) – $395
- 20″X9.0″ Forged/Painted Aluminum Wheels (WRT) (Not Available on ADX) – $995
- 245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires (TVH) – $395
- Alpine Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (AR6) – $1,095
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – $695
- Brake Calipers – Red (XSP) – $495
- Cold Weather Group (AD7) – $395
- Compact Spare Tire (TBK) – $295
- Driver Convenience Group (AJV) – $995 (w/ AAY $495)
- Engine Block Heater (NHK) (Included w/ Alaska Cars) – $95
- Navigation & Travel Group (AMN) – $995
- Performance Handling Group (AGB) – $1,495
- Plus Package (AAY) – $2,595
- Power Sunroof (GWA) – $1,295
- Technology Group (ADG) – $1,695
- Mopar Interior Appearance Group (ACX) – $475
- 3.07 Rear Axle Ratio – Standard
- Plus Group (AAY) – 20″X8.0″ Satin Carbon Painted Wheels (WPZ), Auto Adjust In Reverse Exterior Mirrors (LEX), Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror (GNZ), BI-Function HID Projector Headlamps (LPQ), Black Edged Premium Floor Mats (CCJ), Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN), Driver & Passenger Lower LED Lamps (LEC), Front Overhead Lighting (LBT), Heated Front Seats (JPM), Heated Second Row Seats (JPZ), Heated Steering Wheel (NHS), Illuminated Rear Cupholders (CXB), Leather Trim Seats (CDM), Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seats (*CJ), Power Driver/Passenger Seats (JPT), Power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (SUB), Power Driver/Passenger 4-Way Lumbar Adjust (JRN), Radio/Driver Seat/Mirror Memory (LEW) Security Alarm (LSA), Soft Touch I/P-Faux Seam/Live Stitch (JAD), Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ) and Rear Seat Armrest w/ Storage and Cupholder (CSL).
- Mopar Interior Appearance Group (ACX) – Mopar Bright Door Sills (CLN), Mopar Premium Floor Mats w/ Logo (CLQ) and Trunk Mat w/ Logo (CCM).
- Cold Weather Group (AD7) – Heated Front Seats (JPM) and Heated Steering Wheel (NHS).
- Technology Group (ADG) – Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop (NH3), Advanced Brake Assist (BGG), Auto High Beam Headlamps (LMS), Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus (LSU), Lane Departure Warning Plus (LAS) and Rain Sensitive Wipers (JHC).
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – 20X8.0 “Black Noise” Painted Wheels (WRE), Black 1-Piece Performance Spoiler (MXP), Gloss Black I/P Cluster Trim Rings (JA9), Gloss Black Badges (MGF) and Satin Black Charger Decklid Badge (MV2).
- Performance Handling Group (AGB) – 20X9.0 “Black Noise” Painted Wheels (WRW) Delete Spare Tire (TBF), Tire Service Kit (XFP), Brake Calipers – Black (XS9), Brembo Fixed 4-Piston Caliper Brakes (BR4) and High Performance Suspension (SDX).
- Driver Confidence Group (AJV) – Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror (GNZ), Bi-Function HID Projector Headlamps (LPQ), Blind Sport/Power/Heated Mirrors (GTL), Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection (XAN), and Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps (LEC).
- Navigation & Travel Group (AMN) – 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service (X9M), 5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service (X9N), GPS Navigation (JLN), Sirius XM Traffic Plus (RTB), SiriusXM Travel Link (RSM) and UConnect 4 NAV w/ 8.4-inch Display (UJQ).
- Alpine Audio Group (AR6) – 506 Watt Amplifier (RFD), 9-Amplified Speakers w/ Subwoofer (RC3), Surround Sound (XRY) and Trunk Mounted Subwoofer (RHD).
Seats and Trim:
- Cloth Performance Seats – Black (HAX9) – N/C
- Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seat – Black (CJX9) – N/C w/ AAY
- B5 Blue Pearl Coat (PQD) – $69
- Destroyer Grey Clear Coat (PDN) – N/C
- F8 Green (PFQ) – N/C
- Go ManGo (PVP) – N/C
- Granite Pearl Coat (PAU) – N/C
- IndiGo Blue (PBM) – N/C
- Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat (PAR) – N/C
- Octane Red Pearl Coat (PRV) – N/C
- Pitch Black Clear Coat (PX8) – N/C
- Plum Crazy Pearl Coat (PHG) – $70
- TorRed Clear Coat (PR3) – N/C
- White Knuckle Clear Coat (PW7) – N/C
Dodge dealers are currently taking orders for the 2019 Dodge Charger GT RWD. Pricing for the 2019 Dodge Charger GT RWD starts at a US MSRP of $30,495. The vehicle should be showing up in showrooms in the third-quarter of 2018.
2019 Dodge Charger GT RWD Gallery: