For the past several months, we have dropping information about the 2019 Dodge Charger whenever it became available. Now, the time has come to put that information together and give you a complete guide of the 2019 Dodge Charger lineup.
The Dodge Charger lineup begins with the SXT RWD model. The powerful, roomy and solid Charger SXT model is powered by the standard Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6, rated at 292 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, working with a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. For 2019, Charger SXT includes electronic stability control, remote start, cruise control, electric power steering, capless fuel filler, automatic halogen projector headlamps with LED accents and three 12-volt power outlets.
The Charger SXT AWD model, new for 2019, is powered by the award-winning Pentastar V-6 engine, rated at 300 horsepower and 264 lb.-ft. of torque, and mated to the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, delivering up to 27 mpg on the highway. This model replaced last years GT AWD model. The all-wheel-drive system is automatic with an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect, which helps minimize powertrain parasitic losses. Dodge says that the take for the SXT AWD model, should be 21% of the total sales.
The new Dodge Charger GT RWD performance model is powered by the award-winning Pentastar V-6 engine, rated at 300 horsepower and 264 lb.-ft. of torque and mated to the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission.
For 2019, the GT adopts new performance looks and features standard, including performance hood, fascia, sculpted side sills, spoiler and seats. Race-bred chassis upgrades, including a standard performance suspension, 3.07 rear axle ratio, enhanced steering with paddle shifters, Dodge Performance Pages with the 8.4-inch Uconnect screen, Houndstooth cloth bolstered performance seats, new Dark Dub Plate instrument panel, and new 20-inch Satin Carbon and Black Noise wheel options.
For 2019, the Charger R/T adopts new performance looks and features standard, including the performance hood, fascia, sculpted side sills, spoiler and seats. Race-bred chassis upgrades, including a standard performance suspension, 2.62 rear axle ratio, enhanced steering, steering wheel with paddle shifters, Dodge Performance Pages with the 8.4-inch Uconnect screen, Houndstooth cloth bolstered performance seats, new Dark Dub Plate instrument panel, and new 20-inch Satin Carbon and Black Noise wheel options.
New for 2019, Launch Assist and Line Lock are now standard features on the R/T Scat Pack for optimum performance at launch from a standstill. A new switch on the dashboard provides quick access to initialize Launch Control, which coordinates the engine, transmission, driveline and suspension for an optimal launch and consistent straight-line acceleration.
R/T Scat Pack features the same new performance grille with dual air inlets as the SRT Hellcat and adds a new Scat Pack bee badge on the decklid, replacing the R/T badge. New Dark Dub Plate instrument panel and Houndstooth cloth performance seat with an added Scat Pack bee logo are also standard. Dual Carbon stripes, a Satin Black-painted hood and Bilstein three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension are added to the available options.
New for 2019, the Charger SRT HELLCAT features a new performance grille with dual inlets that feed cooler, outside air into the engine compartment. Bolstering the performance is the addition of four race-inspired technologies that come standard on HELLCAT, including:
- Launch Assist, which uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip.
- Line Lock, which engages the front brakes to hold the Charger SRT HELLCAT stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires.
- After-Run Chiller, which keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off.
- Torque Reserve, which closes a bypass valve to prefill the supercharger and manages fuel flow and spark advance to balance engine rpm and torque, generates a reserve of torque that is delivered upon acceleration from a standing stop.
New instrument panel badging, a Satin Black painted hood option, available Brass Monkey 20-inch forged wheels and an Alcantara interior package are also new to Charger SRT HELLCAT for the 2019 model year.
To read more about each trim level, you can read our articles below. These articles feature the complete list of options, pricing and information.
2019 Dodge Charger Options & Pricing Lists:
- SXT RWD – https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-charger-sxt-options-pricing-list/
- SXT AWD – https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-charger-sxt-awd-options-pricing-list/
- GT RWD – https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-charger-gt-rwd-pricing-options/
- R/T – https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-charger-r-t-pricing-and-options-list/
- Daytona – https://moparinsiders.com/charger-daytona-and-challenger-t-a-options-and-pricing/
- R/T Scat Pack – https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-charger-r-t-scat-pack-pricing/
- HELLCAT – https://moparinsiders.com/2019-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-pricing-options-list/