For years, there have been Jeep® Wrangler owners asking for a premium contented offering of the legendary off-roader. Those people tend to be the more “Mall Crawler” type, but last year the Jeep® brand announced it would build such a model for both its Wrangler Unlimited four-door and Gladiator pickup models. The move was a success and for the 2021 model year, the Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude model returns.
Based on the Sahara trim-level, the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude adds the following standard equipment…
- 20-Inch Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels
- LED Lighting Package
- Body-Color Hard Top
- Body-Color Fender Flares
- Body-Color Front and Rear Bumpers
- Body-Color Exterior Mirrors and Door Handles
- Body-Color Tailgate Handle
- Side Steps
- Matte Black Trail Rated Badge
- Wide Track Front and Rear Axles with Revised Gear Ratio
- Two Interior Color Options Are Available:
- Black and Steel Grey
- Steel Grey (Late Availability)
- Black Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Nappa Leather Seating with Quilting and Caramel Stitching
- Leather Wrapped I/P Mid-Bolsters with Caramel Stitching
- 8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group
- Safety Group (Blind-Spot Monitoring & Rear Parksense)
- Remote Proximity Entry
The 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with engine start-stop (ESS) delivering 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque is standard. The 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine with eTorque mild-hybrid technology pumping out 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque is optional. Last but not least, you can opt for the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 with ESS making a whopping 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque. All powertrains come standard with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude will be available in five exterior colors that include Black, Bright White, Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, and Snazzberry (new). The High Altitude package will have a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $9,105 over the Unlimited Sahara package. For more information, you can contact your local Jeep dealer.