This year, the Chrysler brand introduced a new value-based offering to its minivan lineup when it launched the 2020 Chrysler Voyager in the United States. The Voyager was designed to ultimately replace the aging Dodge Grand Caravan after the 2020 model year. With the Dodge Grand Caravan being the most popular nameplate in the minivan segment for the United States and Canada, the Chrysler Voyager was expected to appear in the Canadian marketplace as well, but FCA Canada has other plans.
The Grand Caravan nameplate will live on in Canada, under the Chrysler brand. That’s right, Canadians will be able to purchase a 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan. Virtually a carbon copy of the Chrysler Voyager, the Chrysler Grand Caravan was designed with budget-friendly family customers in mind. Standard features and utilities of the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan include seven-passenger seating and the Uconnect 4 system with a seven-inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility.
“We’re incredibly proud to maintain the ‘Grand Caravan’ nameplate exclusively in the Canadian marketplace,” said David Buckingham, President and CEO, FCA Canada. “Particularly here in Canada, that name has become synonymous with affordable, safe, and innovative family transportation that the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan builds upon.”
As the creator of the minivan and through six generations of the vehicle, FCA has innovated 115 minivan firsts. FCA has sold more than 15 million minivans globally since its introduction in 1983. That’s twice as many as any other manufacturer over the past 37 years.
Like its Chrysler Voyager sibling, there will be two trim levels available for the Canadian-exclusive Grand Caravan.
Grand Caravan (Base)
The Grand Caravan serves as the entry-level model in the Grand Caravan lineup and includes an impressive list of high-value standard features, including:
- Seven-passenger seating with second-row bench seat and third-row Stow ‘n Go 60/40 bench seat
- Floor tray and console
- Lower instrument panel cubby bin
- Uconnect 4 system with a seven-inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Hands-free communication with integrated voice command
- Six-speaker audio system and media hub with USB and auxiliary input jacks
- 3.5-inch digital vehicle information display cluster
- 17-inch steel wheels with covers
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go with proximity entry (driver door) and push-button start
- Power windows with one-touch driver, power second-row windows
- Dual-zone climate control
- Active noise cancellation
- Cruise control
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Safety features:
- Electronic stability control
- Front-seat side, side-curtain, and driver/front passenger knee blocker airbags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Rain Brake Support and Ready Alert Braking
- Hill-start Assist
- Electric parking brake with safe hold
- Sliding door alert warning
- Heated exterior mirrors
- ParkView Rear Back-up Camera
Grand Caravan SXT
The Grand Caravan SXT includes all the standard content found on the Grand Caravan, plus:
- Seven-passenger seating with second-row removable bucket seats and third-row Stow ‘n Go 60/40 bench seat
- Second-row in-floor storage bins
- Power eight-way adjustable driver seat with four-way power lumbar adjust
- 17-inch silver aluminum wheels
- Tri-zone climate control with rear air-conditioning/heating
- Power front windows with one-touch up and down
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Automatic headlamps
- Front and rear interior LED reading lamps
- Front and rear floor mats
- Interior observation mirror
Under the hood of the Grand Caravan is the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 delivering 287 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque and mated to a 9-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission. Unlike the more luxury-oriented Chrysler Pacifica, the Chrysler Grand Caravan will be only offered in front-wheel-drive.
The entry-level Chrysler Grand Caravan has a starting Canadian Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $37,995. The more equipped SXT model will have an MSRP of $39,995. The 2021 Grand Caravan will be offered in six exterior colors which include, Billet Metallic Coat, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Coat, Ocean Blue Metallic Coat, and Velvet Red Pearl Coat.
The 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan will be built at the Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario. It will go on sale in the third quarter of 2020.
2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan Image Gallery: