Interest continues to grow as this year’s Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge attracted more than 44,000 enthusiasts from around the country to watch and participate in legal street racing on historic Woodward Avenue.
128 street-legal cars hit the specially prepped 1/8-mile drag strip on Woodward Avenue between Rapid Street and South Boulevard to compete in high-powered drag racing for cash prizes. Racing ended early due to heavy rains, so the top 16 total finalists split $20,000. The quickest Dodge cars in both the small and large tire categories also took home $5,000 each.
- James Pranis, Pennsylvania: 1968 Dodge Charger (Big Tire)
- Peter Bokedon, Michigan: 1972 Dodge Dart (Small Tire)
Top 8 Finalists (Big Tire)
- Gary Box, Ohio: 1965 Chevrolet Corvette
- Craig Groebner, Minnesota: 1971 Chevrolet Nova
- Leon Hudson, Virginia: 1965 Plymouth Barracuda
- Jimmer Kline, Michigan: 1966 Pontiac GTO
- Jim Kline III, Michigan: 1996 Chevrolet Arcadian
- Mike Mislivec, Michigan: 1982 Pontiac Trans AM
- Bryan Rosario, Michigan: 1972 Chevrolet Camaro
- Mark McGill, Michigan: 1978 Chevrolet Camaro
Top 8 Finalists (Small Tire)
- Peter Bokedon, Michigan: 1972 Dodge Dart
- William Gill, Michigan: 1966 Shelby Cobra
- Adam Hodson, Indiana: 1973 Chevrolet Camaro
- Kenny Laflower, Indiana: 1970 AMC Javelin
- John Lopez, Ohio: 1988 Ford Mustang
- Justin Spiniolas, Illinois: 1991 GMC Sonoma
- Carl Stancell, Michigan: 1984 Chevrolet s10 Blazer
- Rick Steinke, Pennsylvania: 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle
Fans from all over tuned in to the livestream of Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, totaling 4.1 million views of the event.