Stellantis North America (FCA US, LLC) is recalling 508 units of its 2022 Chrysler Pacifica and Voyager (RU) models for windshield wiper arm nuts that may be improperly tightened, which can cause the wipers to not function properly.
An improperly functioning wiper system may, in certain circumstances, lead to a diminution in road visibility which can cause a vehicle to crash without prior warning. Prior to complete wiper system failure, the driver may experience one or both wiper arms that do not clear the windshield properly, or that the wipers are not in their proper rest positions.
The models affected include…
- 2022 Chrysler Pacifica – 456 units – built between Friday, November 26th, 2021, and Wednesday, December 22nd, 2021
- 2022 Chrysler Voyager – 52 units – built between Monday, December 6, 2021, and Thursday, December 23rd, 2021
Recall Chronology :
- On June 28th, 2022, the FCA US LLC (“FCA US”) Technical Safety and Regulatory Compliance (“TSRC”) the organization opened an investigation based on information from FCA US Customer Experience regarding warranty claims from customers experiencing loose windshield wiper arms.
- From June 2022, through July 2022, FCA US TSRC reviewed vehicle records and met with FCA US manufacturing and determined certain Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Voyager vehicles built from November 26th, 2021 through December 23rd, 2021, may have been built with one or both windshield wiper arm nuts improperly torqued.
- As of July 27th, 2022, FCA US has identified zero customer assistance records, three warranty claims, and two field reports potentially related to this issue for all markets with dates of receipt ranging from February 17th, 2022 to April 21st, 2022.
- As of July 27th, 2022, FCA US is not aware of any accidents or injuries potentially related to this issue for all markets.
- On August 4th, 2022, FCA US determined, through the Vehicle Regulations Committee, to conduct a voluntary safety recall of the affected vehicles.
Dealers will tighten the wiper arm nuts, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on Friday, September 30th, 2022. Owners may contact FCA US, LLC customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA US’s number for this recall is Z80.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.