Brampton Assembly Plant was built in 1986 and acquired by Chrysler Corporation with purchase of American Motors Corporation (AMC) in August 1987. The facility began production of LH vehicles (Chrysler Concorde, Dodge Intrepid and Eagle Vision) in June 1992.
Production of the next generation Chrysler Concorde and Dodge Intrepid began in September 1997, followed by the Chrysler LHS and 300M in April 1998.
Production of rear-wheel-drive vehicles started at the beginning of 2004 with the launch of the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum. Production of the Dodge Charger was launched in early 2005. Dodge Magnum production was discontinued in late 2007. The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 launched production in May 2008, with the 2009 Dodge Challenger following in August 2008.
National Geographic’s Ultimate Factories – Brampton Assembly (YouTube)
The 2011 Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger SRT with a new 392 cubic-inch engine began production in December 2010. The 2011 Chrysler 300 rolled off the line in January 2011. The Challenger SRT HELLCAT, the most powerful and fastest muscle car ever with a 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI® V-8 engine that produces 707-horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, began rolling off the line in October 2014. Production of the Challenger SRT Demon, the fastest quarter-mile production car in the world and most powerful muscle car ever, began on Sept. 11, 2017 and ended on May 30th, 2018. For 2019, the plant will build three additional Challenger models. The 2019 Challenger SRT HELLCAT Redeye, Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody and Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320.
World Class Manufacturing Accomplishments:
Brampton Assembly was awarded bronze status for its efforts in implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) on Dec. 18, 2015. WCM is a methodology that focuses on eliminating waste, increasing productivity, and improving quality and safety in a systematic and organized way. It engages the workforce to provide and implement suggestions on how to improve their jobs and their plants, promoting a sense of ownership.
Brampton Assembly Plant:
- Floor Space: 2.95 Million Square Feet.
- Acreage: 269 Acres.
- Products: Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Challenger (As Of August 2018).
- Employment: 3,583 (3,340 Hourly, 243 Salaried) On Two Shifts.
- Conveyors: 20.4 Miles.
- Robotics: 581.
- Union Local: Unifor Local 1285.
Brampton Satellite Stamping Plant:
- Floor Space: 230,000 Square Feet.
- Products: 96 Inner & Outer Body Stampings: Doors, Hoods, Decklids, Fenders & Roofs.
- Equipment: 5 Automatic Transfer Presses, 1 Blanking Line, 90 Die Sets (4-Minute Die Changes).
- Employment: (Included In Plant Total Above).
- Material Handling: Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) Deliver Blanks To Press Lines.
- Storage: Automatic Sheet Metal Storage & Retrieval System. 3,600 Storage Containers.
- Plant History: Satellite Stamping Facility Was Completed & Production StartedIin December 1991.