There has been a lot of anticipation surrounding the upcoming Dodge Durango for the 2021 model year. The third-generation Dodge Durango (WD) has been on the market since the 2011 model year, the vehicle has been updated heavily since its initial launch. While its platform sibling, the Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WK2) will return in its current form for a short 2021 model year run, it will eventually go to an all-new platform and offer both two and three-row variants for 2022. The Durango, on the other hand, will continue on for a couple more model years in its current form, but it isn’t stopping Dodge from making the Durango even better going into the new model year.
According to our dealer friends, the ordering process for the current 2020 Dodge Durango model will end at the end of this month. So if you are a fan of the current model and want to order a 2020 model to your own liking, this is your last chance. Dodge will officially open up ordering for the updated 2021 model, next month. This means we will more than likely see the 2021 Dodge Durango, very soon.
MoparInsiders originally announced that production of the 2021 Dodge Durango would begin on Monday, October 5th, 2020 at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) in Detroit, Michigan. It seems that this is in line with the information released by Dodge to its dealer body.
The new information, also tells us that the updated 2021 models are expected to be arriving in dealer showrooms in November. We aren’t sure if the upcoming 707 horsepower Durango SRT Hellcat will be showing up around the same time, but we are sure we will be learning more about the latest Hellcat model soon.
So what can we expect for the 2021 Dodge Durango lineup? Based on our inside information, here is what we know…
- All-New Front Performance Fascia
- All-New Full LED Headlamps with Amber Switchback Turn Signals
- All-New Instrument Panel Design
- New 10.1-Inch Uconnect 5 Touchscreen Infotainment System with Amazon Alexa and wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- New 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 with eTorque system from the Ram 1500
- New 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with eTorque system from the Ram 1500
- All-New SRT Hellcat model featuring 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 engine rated at 707 horsepower and 645 lb.-ft. of torque
So what are you most looking forward to on the 2021 Dodge Durango? Leave us your opinion below.