It’s a big day for the Jeep brand. First off, the announcement of Tim Kuniskis taking over the reigns of the brand from Mike Manley and now information on the refreshed 2019 Jeep Renegade has been released. For the past several months, MoparInsiders.com has been showing you spy photos, dealer information and even European-debut information on the 2019 Jeep Renegade. Now we get to share some specifics on the 2019 Jeep Renegade for the North American market.
The biggest news is the introduction of the all-new 1.3-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine. This new engine makes 177 horsepower and 200 lb.-ft of torque according to Jeep. The engine will be standard equipment on the Limited and Trailhawk models, while it will be available as an option on the mid-level Latitude model. The new 1.3-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine does get its peak horsepower and torque with 91-octane fuel, however the engine can be ran on regular unleaded with a slight power decrease. Fuel economy numbers have not been release yet.
As we reported before the 2.4-liter Tigershark inline four-cylinder (which was the top-tier powertrain in the 2015 to 2018 Renegade) is now standard in the base Renegade Sport and Latitude models. All models get a standard 9-speed automatic transmission, Electronic Stop Start (ESS) system and the non-Trailhawk models will receive Active Grille Shutters to improve economy. No manual transmissions are available for the 2019 model year in North America.
The 2019 Renegade gets a more “grown-up” look for the new model year. New front and rear fascias get rid of the cartoon-like character of the Renegade and give a more aggressive and upscale appearance. Trailhawk models have the same fascias as the 2018 model, however it does get a new grille inset. The seven-slot grille gets shorter, making the front end look more to scale with its other siblings like Compass, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.
New features for the Renegade for the 2019 model year include a new LED Lighting Package for all exterior lighting (Head Lights, Fog Lamps, DRL, and Tail Lamps). The LED Lighting Package will be available on Latitude, Limited and Trailhawk models. A newly added but optional Advanced Technology Group featuring Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist, and Front Park Sensors.
The 2019 Jeep Renegade Limited will be the first model available in dealers. The 2019 Limited for North America has been in production since September 3rd. It should be hitting dealer lots very soon. The 2019 Trailhawk will begin production on October 15th, while the 2018 Sport and Latitude models will continue to be produced until November 26th. November 27th will be the first production day for the 2019 Renegade Sport and Latitude models for North America.
New for 2019:
- All-new 1.3-liter direct-injection turbocharged engine with engine stop-start (ESS) technology mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission that increases fuel efficiency and reduces emissions now standard on Limited and Trailhawk models (optional on Sport and Latitude), providing 177 horsepower and 200 lb.-ft. of torque
- New active grille shutters now included (not on Trailhawk models) and ESS technology for increased fuel efficiency
- Refreshed exterior design includes new front fascias and grille surround
- New aluminum wheel designs
- New 19-inch aluminum Granite Crystal-painted wheel option on Latitude and Limited models
- New Bikini, Slate Blue and Sting Grey exterior paint colors (late availability)
- New LED Lighting Group includes LED headlamps, daytime running lamps (DRL), cornering fog lamps and tail lamps
- New features added to Advanced Tech Group include adaptive cruise control, ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist Plus and front park sensors
- New instrument cluster graphics
The 2019 Renegade comes in ten exterior colors for 2019.
- Sting Grey Clear Coat (late availability)
- Colorado Red Clear Coat
- Omaha Orange Clear Coat
- Slate Blue Pearl Coat (late availability)
- Bikini Clear Coat (late availability)
- Granite Crystal Clear Coat
- Jetset Blue Metallic Clear Coat
- Glacier Metallic Clear Coat
- Black Clear Coat
- Alpine White Clear Coat
Interior colors are available in Black Sandstorm with Metal Diamond accents, Trespass Black with Metal Diamond accents, Black leather with Grillz accents, Polar Plunge with Metal Diamond accents, Polar Plunge leather with Grillz accents and Trailhawk Black with Ruby Red accents.
Both ordering for the 2019 Jeep Renegade Limited and Trailhawk are available at your local Jeep dealer.