As the European Union (E.U.) aims to get away from fossil fuel-based transport by 2035, the Jeep® brand is getting ready to make a huge statement about its global electrification initiative.
Jeep has boasted that it will offer an electrified variant of each of its SUV offerings by 2025. Recently, the American adventure brand unveiled its all-new mild-hybrid (mHEV) Renegade and Compass e-Hybrid models, giving those who do not wish to have 4×4 capability an electrified option for the first time. The e-Hybrid models will join the Renegade, Compass, Grand Cherokee, and Wrangler plug-in hybrid (PHEV) four-wheel-drive 4xe models, to offer a diverse product lineup in the European market.
With that being said, Jeep has announced that it will be eliminating its internal combustion engine (ICE) offerings in France as of June 1st. The move includes both non-electrified gasoline and diesel propulsion systems, as the mHEV and PHEV continue to use small-displacement gasoline engines to enhance their range.
Customers in France will have the ability to order either a gasoline- or diesel-powered model until Monday, May 30th. After that point, the following will be the only vehicles offered in the France lineup…
- Jeep Renegade e-Hybrid (1.5-liter/130 horsepower) in Longitude, Night Eagle, Limited, Upland, and S trims.
- Jeep Compass e-Hybrid (1.5-liter/130 horsepower) in Longitude, Night Eagle, Limited, Upland, and S trims.
- Jeep Renegade 4xe (1.3-liter/190 horsepower) in Limited and Upland trims.
- Jeep Compass 4xe (1.3-liter/190 horsepower) in Limited and Upland trims.
- Jeep Renegade 4xe (1.3-liter/240 horsepower) in Upland, Trailhawk, and S trims.
- Jeep Compass 4xe (1.3-liter/240 horsepower) in Upland, Trailhawk, and S trims.
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe (2.0-liter/375 horsepower) in Sahara, Overland, and Rubicon trims.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe (2.0-liter/375 horsepower) – Overland, Summit, and Launch Edition trims.
“We are committed to make Jeep the greenest and most exciting SUV brand. The electrification of the Jeep lineup will allow commuters to travel solely on electric power, delivering an efficient and fun on-road experience and offering an ability to enjoy even more off-road capability in nearly complete silence,” said Christian Meunier, Jeep Brand CEO.