It’s almost been a year since Mopar pulled off the covers of its latest Mopar-branded vehicle – the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango. Unveiled at the 2021 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, many expected the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango to already be in customer’s driveways, however, ongoing supplier shortages, a plant revamp, and other things caused a delay until now.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango is the 12th vehicle in the lineup’s history and takes many of its cues from the very popular Mopar 11′ Dodge Charger.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango is based on the 2022 Dodge Durango R/T Tow N’ Go, a package introduced last year and transforms the 5.7-liter HEMI V8-powered three-row SUV into a heavy hauling performance offering thanks to some goodies from the Durango SRT parts bin. Still retaining its best-in-class rating of 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque, the 5.7-liter HEMI is mated to a ZF-sourced 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission.
The Tow N’ Go Package provides a best-in-class tow rating of 8,700 pounds; an increased top speed of 145 mph; Track, Sport, Snow, and Tow drive modes; and a retuned SRT-performance exhaust for some added exhaust rumble.
The Mopar ‘22 is also equipped with Performance Pages, a re-tuned SRT active noise cancellation, an electronic limited-slip differential, and SRT active damping suspension. There is also a set of 20-inch x 10-inch “Lights Out” wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber, while a Mopar 1-inch lower kit delivers improved handling, tighter cornering, and quicker turning response.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango also includes the following features…
- Offset Mopar Blue Stripe (Running Up & Over The Vehicle)
- Mopar Blue “Mopar” Front Grille Badge
- Mopar Blue “Brembo” Branded Brake Calipers
- Mopar ’22 I/P Badge with Serialized Build Number
- Leather and Suede Front Seats with Mopar Logo’d Seat Backs
- Mopar Blue Accent Stitching (Seats, I/P, Center Console, and Doors)
- Mopar Pedal Kit
- Mopar All-Weather Floor Mats
Each Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango will come with a custom-made owner’s kit that will feature a personalized metal certificate of authenticity with a serialized vehicle-build number and a special rendering of the vehicle by the Mopar Design team.
Production of the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango will be limited to just 250 units (200 for the U.S. and 50 for Canada). Customers will be able to choose from two different exterior color combinations (DB Black or White Knuckle).
The Mopar ’22 package has a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $3,995. The vehicles should be arriving in select dealers any day now. For more information, you may want to call you local Dodge dealer for more details.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango joins a long list of Mopar limited edition vehicles…
- Mopar ’10 Dodge Challenger R/T
- Mopar ’11 Dodge Charger R/T
- Mopar ’12 Chrysler 300S
- Mopar ’13 Dodge Dart
- Mopar ’14 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
- Mopar ’15 Dodge Charger R/T Performance Kit
- Mopar ’16 Ram 1500 Rebel
- Mopar ’17 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker
- Mopar ’18 Dodge Durango SRT
- Mopar ’19 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker
- Jeep® Wrangler JPP 20 (Limited Edition Series)
- Mopar ’21 Ram 1500
- Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango R/T Tow N’ Go
Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango Limited Edition Image Gallery: