Back in June, Dodge//SRT showed the world their upcoming Charger Scat Pack Widebody and Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody models to the media. But not much was said about the rest of the 2020 Dodge Charger lineup. But the Widebody models aren’t the only thing new for the 2020 model year. So let’s take a quick look at the new 2020 Dodge Charger lineup.
If you want to read more about the 2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT (which is now standard with the Widebody configuration) or the 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody, we have already covered them earlier this year. We also covered the limited edition 717 horsepower 2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Daytona Widebody as well.
While the Charger returns with the same lineup as last year, there is much to talk about. In its lineup, there are about a dozen combinations of different Charger variants, but Dodge//SRT has six trim levels for the car. Models like Daytona are listed under the R/T and R/T Scat Pack nameplates, respectfully.
So what is new for the new model year? A lot. Dodge//SRT poured a lot of new content into the new cars.
There are a number of new wheel changes for the 2020 model year…
- SXT AWD models feature a new standard 19-inch x 7.5-inch Satin Carbon wheel and optional Blacktop wheels
- GT and R/T models feature a new 20-inch x 9-inch forged Black Noise wheels which are on the Performance Handling Group and Blacktop models
- Daytona (R/T) get a new 20 x 9-inch Lights-Out aluminum wheel
- Scat Pack models get four new wheel designs…
- 20-inch x 9-inch Low-Gloss Granite wheels
- 20-inch x 9.5-inch Brass Monkey wheels (optional)
- Performance Handling Group – available on Charger GT and Charger R/T, adds a new leather-flat bottom steering wheel and 20-inch x 9-inch forged Black Noise wheels to the existing package content, including Black Brembo fixed caliper four-piston brakes, high-performance suspension, and 245/45ZR20 AS performance tires.
- Daytona Edition – available on Charger R/T and Charger Scat Pack, include 20 x 9-inch wheels with new Lights-Out finish (R/T only) and instrument panel badge. The Daytona Edition includes many more unique features on both models, such as the Mopar cold air intake under the hood, Daytona logo leather/Alcantara seats, premium floor mats, unique wheels, Daytona instrument panel badge, and front grille badges.
- Dynamics Package – available on Charger Scat Pack (non-Widebody only), adds a new leather flat-bottom steering wheel to existing package content, including Black Brembo six-piston front brakes, and 20-inch x 9.5-inch Low-gloss Black wheels with 275/40ZR20 all-season tires.
- Carbon & Suede Package – available on HEMI models, adds real carbon fiber accents to the instrument panel and console bezels, and Dynamica suede headliner, sun visors and A-pillars.
- Satin Black Appearance Package – now Charger Scat Pack models (as well as SRT HELLCAT), this package adds a hand-painted Satin Black painted hood, roof, decklid, and spoiler.
- Blacktop Package – new 20-inch Black Noise Wheels on GT and R/T models, 19-inch wheels on SXT AWD.
- Plus Packages –
- Charger R/T Plus adds new 20-inch x 8-inch Machined Granite wheels to the Nappa leather/Alcantara perforated seating from the existing package
- Charger GT Plus adds new 20-inch x 8-inch Satin Carbon wheels to the Nappa leather/Alcantara perforated seating from the existing package
- Charger SXT AWD Plus and Charger SXT Plus add new 20-inch x 8-inch Satin Carbon wheels (19-inch wheels on SXT AWD) to the existing package content, including leather sport seat, rear body-color spoiler, six premium Alpine speakers, 276-watt amp, Uconnect 4C infotainment system, sport suspension, and compact spare tire.
- Charger R/T features new fender badges with a modern interpretation of the iconic HEMI script.
- Charger Scat Pack models feature new interior instrument panel badging.
The 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack, Charger R/T, and Charger GT Plus packages feature a new Caramel color Nappa leather/Alcantara interior. This color already joins a vast choice of interior colors such as Black, Black/Demonic Red, Black/Houndstooth, Black/Ruby Red, and Black/Sepia depending on trim level.
The 2020 Dodge Charger has three new colors for the new model year. Gone is B5 Blue (will run on the limited edition 2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Daytona Widebody only), Sublime, Destroyer Grey, Plum Crazy, and Yellow Jacket. Those colors are being replaced with Frostbite (which made its debut on the 2020 Dodge Charger SRT HELLCAT Widebody), Hellraisin (also known as BlackEye in its concept form), and Sinamon Stick, all three will be available later in the model year. Nine colors do return for the 2020 model year, those colors include, F8 Green, Go ManGO!, Granite Crystal, IndiGO Blue, Octane Red, Pitch Black, TorRed, Triple Nickle, and White Knuckle.
The 2020 Dodge Charger continues to be only of the most diverse sedans on the market. Charger SXT AWD includes the segment’s most technologically advanced all-wheel-drive system with a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle disconnect system to improve real-world fuel economy. While Charger GT and R/T, provide some of the best performance value out of any rear-wheel-drive sedans.
Both the Charger GT and R/T models feature a standard performance suspension, Bilstein shock absorbers, 3.07 rear axle ratio on Charger GT models, enhanced steering, steering wheel with paddle shifters, Dodge Performance Pages with the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen, performance bolstered seats, and 20-inch Satin Carbon and Black Noise wheel options. GT and R/T models also receive the performance look from the Scat Pack with the same performance hood, fascia, sculpted side sills, spoiler, and seats.
Non-Widebody 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack models feature the standard performance grille with dual air inlets and Scat Pack Bee badges on the grille and decklid, that were updated last year. Charger Scat Pack offers the most horsepower for a sedan under $40,000 USD. Charger Scat Pack also receives a ton of performance goodies…
- Launch Control – manages tire slip while launching the vehicle to allow the driver to achieve consistent straight-line acceleration.
- Launch Assist – uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip.
- Line Lock – engages the front brakes to hold the vehicle stationary but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires.
For all HEMI models, a standard 2.75-inch electronically controlled active exhaust system is standard, giving the Charger a signature muscle car sound. Also on Scat Pack and R/T models is the optional Harman Kardon audio system with amplifier and 19 GreenEdge speakers, for those who are diehard audiophiles. On all cars equipped with leather, premium French live-stitching is featured on the instrument panel and upper doors.
The 2020 Dodge Charger continues giving customers the best of rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive options with optimal performance for a large sedan, no matter the price point. With additions of the package upgrades and the new Widebody options, there are more choices than ever for the people to tailor a Charger that best suits them.