For the seventh consecutive month, the FIAT brand closed the month in the leadership of the Brazilian car and light commercial market with a 26.8% share (43,684 units), the best result since August 2007.
The highlights of July were the Argo Hatchback, the best-selling car in the country with 10,873 units (6.7% market share), the best commercial performance since its launch. The Strada sub-compact comes next with 9,439 units (5.8% share), with Mobi in third place and 8,059 licensed units (4.9% market share), reaching its sales record since its launch in 2016.
The Toro pickup was the fifth vehicle in national sales with 7,031 units (4.3% share), also reaching its best month since its launch.
With this result, FIAT expands its leadership in the Brazilian market in the year to date, reaching 267,457 units sold since January (with a market share of 22.8%) and consolidating itself as the fastest growing brand in the country. The highlight once again is the new Strada, the best-selling vehicle in Brazil in 2021, with 70,505 units being registered and a 6% share of total sales for the semester.
Highlights for the brand in the market include…
- Pickup Segment – Increased its leadership in the year, reaching 48.6% of market share in July, leading with 53.3% in the year to date
- B-Pickup Segment – Absolute dominance, closing last month with an incredible 86.2% share in the category, and with 78.7% year-to-date for the segment
- C & D Pickup Segment – Also maintaining its leadership in July with 31.5%, reinforcing its first position in the year to 34.8% in the segment
- Hatchback Segment – FIAT closed for the 11th consecutive month in the leadership of the segment, reaching the mark of 45.2% share in July, accumulating 32.5% in the year
- Hatchback Segment – Ends for the 7th consecutive month in the leadership of the segment with 62.3% share in July and 56.8% in the accumulated year
- B-Hatch Segment – Had its 3rd consecutive month in segment leadership with 38.9% market share, 25.3% in the year to date
- B-Sedan Segment – Had its 2nd consecutive month in the segment leadership with 29.7% share
Source: FIAT Brazil