South of the border, the Dodge Attitude is one of the best-selling sedans in Mexico.
If you haven’t heard the name before, don’t worry. The nameplate has been featured on three badge-engineered subcompact sedans since 2006. While the first two generations were based on Hyundai offerings, the latest generation is based on the Mitsubishi Attrage/Mirage G4 and offers an entry-level offering for the Dodge brand.
Thanks to its attributes in terms of safety, comfort, fuel economy, versatility, good resale value, spacious cabin, and trunk respectively the Attitude has gained a lot of respect in the Mexican market.
Simply put, the Dodge brand needs more practically small vehicles to remain competitive in markets outside the U.S. and Canada, and Dodge Mexico has shown that the brand can find success with badge-engineered offerings like the Attitude and the all-new Journey.
The Attitude features an all-aluminum 1.2-liter DOHC three-cylinder engine producing 76 horsepower and 74 lb.-ft. of torque. The tiny engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), the latter being a favorite for those living in urban areas. The tiny motor allows the Attitude to meet super low emissions requirements and the ability to travel up to 1,200 kilometers (745 miles) on a single tank of fuel, making it one of the most efficient subcompact sedans currently on sale in Mexico.
For 2023, the Attitude gets a new infotainment system across its lineup, which consists of a 7-inch high-resolution touchscreen. The new system is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, with which the customer can select various applications such as browser or preset music.
Other features on the 2023 Dodge Attitude include…
- Manual Air Conditioning with Anti-Pollen Particle Filter
- Trip Computer
- Steering Wheel Audio Controls
- Front and Rear Power Windows (Driver One-Touch Up/Down, with Anti-Pinch Function)
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Rear Armrest with Cup Holders
- Passenger Seat Convenience Hook
- Driver Seat Manual Height Adjustment
- Front Reading Lamps
- Rearview with Day and Night Function
- Chrome Interior Handles
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Piano Black Accents
- Trunk Lighting
- Fog Lights (on SXT models)
- 14-Inch Steel Wheels or 15-Inch Aluminum Wheels (depending on model)
While some of the options may seem like basic nessacities in most cars in North America, the Attitude is intended to be a car to fit everyone’s wallet. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t skip out on safety equipment either. There is the addition of…
- Front Airbags for Driver and Passenger
- Front & Rear Headrest with Height Adjustments
- Front & Rear Three-Point Seat Belts
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)
- Directional Lights on Fenders
- Power Locks with Key Fob Capability
- Child Safety Locks
- Passive Entry and Remote Start
- Anti-Theft Immobilizer
- Hands-Free Phone Connectivity
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchoring System
- LED Third Brake Light
Those who purchase an Attitude get Dodge Mexico’s Uniform Warranty 360 Plan. That includes…
- 3-Year/60,000 Kilometer Bumper to Bumper
- 7-Years of Roadside Assistance (Free of Charge)
- 7-Years of Intersafe, An Insurance That Covers The Partial Theft of Interior Parts
For 2023, the Dodge Attitude is available in four exterior colors. Those colors include Rojo (Red), Plata (Silver), Blanco (White), or Graphite.
Pricing for the 2023 Dodge Attitude begins at $249,900 MXN (or about $12,316 USD) for a Attitude SE Manual.
|2023 Dodge Attitude Mexico Pricing|
|Dodge Attitude SE Manual||$249,900 MXN ($12,316 USD)|
|Dodge Attitude SE CVT||$270,900 MXN ($13,350 USD)|
|Dodge Attitude SXT Manual||$280,900 MXN ($13,844 USD)|
|Dodge Attitude SXT CVT||$293,900 MXN ($14,485 USD)|