Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Can't Stellantis Build A Next-Gen HEMI® Engine?

In the rapidly evolving landscape of automotive technology, the debate over the future of internal combustion engines rages on. While many automakers are pivoting towards electric vehicles (EVs), stalwarts like General Motors (GM) and Ford are reaffirming their commitment to the classic V8 engine. This raises an intriguing question: why isn’t Stellantis, the parent company … (read full article...)

tempImageD2CdPb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
I’ll take a HEMI V8 4.0 Twin Turbo, if it ever comes, over an I6 Twin Turbo.
Even if it offers the same horsepower. Heavy or not. Because, the torque and the area under the graph would be better.
Won’t less room for intake and exhaust and Head security ….. we know this because nearly exactly what you propose is being phased out at the expensive cousin

srm3500

Reaction score
first let me say I am not a fan of EVs however i will not deny that they are faster, produce more power and have less parts to fix or replace. what really bothers me is being forced to like/buy one.
Next time will tell but I for one am impressed with the hurricane I6, now lets see if it being an inline makes it more reliable than others ttv6s. One thing I do wonder (though I know size play a role) is instead of a V8
how about a inline 8 and make it based off the hurricane I6? That would make it a 4L I8 and or make it two rows of inline 4s as close as possible that way its still an Inline engine?

James.A

Reaction score
Because despite the very small sample here, the number of people willing pay to have a worst car in every way… slower, heavier, thirstier, poorer handling, worse braking and more expensive is small, And it not just the fines it the design and certification costs. So i do think you could do a “Hemi” the ROI is almost completely marketing.
More expensive? Do you have an idea of price?

Users who are viewing this thread