Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Can't Stellantis Build A Next-Gen HEMI® Engine?

In the rapidly evolving landscape of automotive technology, the debate over the future of internal combustion engines rages on. While many automakers are pivoting towards electric vehicles (EVs), stalwarts like General Motors (GM) and Ford are reaffirming their commitment to the classic V8 engine. This raises an intriguing question: why isn’t Stellantis, the parent company … (read full article...)

tempImageD2CdPb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
The future isn’t electric that’s just a novelty. It’s going to be E-Fuels. V8s will make a comeback mark my words. 6 cylinders don’t sound the same they sound terrible. They’ll never have the tenacity and spirit of a S/C Twin Screw or NA 6.4. Let me also tell you something else about the future mr. Crocodile electric vehicles Arn’t that much more efficient. If you really want to save the world we all need to switch to E-Bikes which are 20-50x more efficient than any Electric or hybrid car or truck. 100 mile charge on your Tesla will get my E Bike 2000 miles. So think about that. I do my part as well I got 2 hellcats and a transit connect for work daily and my personally daily is a dual battery dual motor E Bike. This is the future it’s called comprise it’s about flexibility not all one side or the other.
Well you need to talk with CARB states cuz the Punitive fines start in 2 model years.... They have set the course and if that collapses automotive business MPTT as they are fines with the peasants pushed into public transit.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The future isn’t electric that’s just a novelty. It’s going to be E-Fuels. V8s will make a comeback mark my words. 6 cylinders don’t sound the same they sound like little fart boxes. They’ll never have the tenacity and spirit of a S/C Twin Screw or NA 6.4. Let me also tell you something else about the future mr. Crocodile electric vehicles Arn’t that much more efficient. If you really want to save the world we all need to switch to E-Bikes which are 20-50x more efficient than any car or truck. 100 mile charge on your Tesla will get my E Bike 2000 miles. So think about that. I do my part as well I got 2 hellcats and a transit connect for work daily and my personally daily is a dual battery dual motor E Bike. This is the future it’s called comprise it’s about flexibility not all one side or the other.

I am 100% with you on e-fuels, just need to bring the cost majorly down to make it logical

eeburns

Reaction score
Only Chrysler can build Hemi's.
Stellantis is a shell company.
Just a matter of time folks Chrysler name will be dropped.
RAM, JEEP.

Desert Bum

Reaction score
I am becoming extremely tired of the useless sentimentality for V8 engines. Stellantis have invested in a turbo straight 6 which is more fuel efficient, produces fewer noxious emissions, and produces more power than the V8s. Time to move on guys. The past is slowly going away, as are people of your ilk. You are hankering for a distant past that is going the way of hula hoops, vinyl 12" long play records and black and white cathode ray tube televisions.

Time to open your minds to the possibilities of the future.
Volkswagen just cancelled an EV factory based on waning demand ...... LINK: MSN EV is a niche novelty, Americans won't stand for it.

TripleT

Reaction score
Only Chrysler can build Hemi's.
Stellantis is a shell company.
Just a matter of time folks Chrysler name will be dropped.
RAM, JEEP.
Been saying that since Fiat saved the country.... The only real time this was almost true was when it was owned Domestically by a private equity firm.... and it was closer than all you can imagine. Now Dodge has the youngest Demo in the Industry. Chrysler was always a niche brand except for a brief time it made Eagles and Plymouth.

TripleT

Reaction score
Volkswagen just cancelled an EV factory based on waning demand ...... LINK: MSN EV is a niche novelty, Americans won't stand for it.
Well then they better talk to the CARB state governments because those living in those state HALF the population don't have a choice. Better wake the F up.

TripleT

Reaction score
I am 100% with you on e-fuels, just need to bring the cost majorly down to make it logical
Using agricultural production for the creation of readily available natural carbon fuels has questionable morality on my estimation. Places where people like on less than a $1 day even month this disruption in the food supply and cost structure can be devastating like death devastating. It really all about control, false scarcity it just another market control.

Trace gases that we cannot have any measurable change in a climate controlled by massive natural inputs. Like the sun, rotation of the earth, magnetics, cosmic radiation, natural emissions, Water Vapor...... Nazca people.... drawing lines in the desert like ants.... It all about keeping people busy and a sense of control. We control none of the major inputs and we would mess it up if we tried.

Real problem is politicians making Engineering decisions when it should be the market and Engineers.

Last edited:

ScramFan

Reaction score
I highly doubt that the I6 Hurricane will ever end up in the HD Trucks, so they're going to need to update their V8 engine offering in the HD Trucks at some point no matter what.

Maybe we'll start to hear something about a new HD Truck V8 engine program AFTER the UAW contract is negotiated. And then maybe a little while later, that motor winds up in a very exclusive car/light truck model or two.

Also, just my opinion, but I think the reason everything has been pushed back constantly is because FCA was behind in implementing an electrification strategy, so once they merged with Peugeot, they decided to string out the existing models as long as possible, while they worked on the new multi energy platforms.

After watching them go through multiple near death experiences in my lifetime, I can't find fault with the logic of trying to squeeze out as much $$ from what they had, instead of wasting billions on half assed placeholder products for 2-3 years until the all new platforms were ready. Besides, who knows if they even had enough time to come up with stop gaps that would meet all the regulations.

Just my opinion, but I bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes that goes against the idea that Stellantis is going all 100% electric for the North American Market.

I just don't think this is the time for them to talk about it publicly.

AlexB

Reaction score
It is seriously beyond a shame how Chrysler Group just cannot be their own boss.

They keep ending up under a group that insists on either hamstringing them if not out right handicapping them.

They're American. Let them do what the other American groups are doing. They can keep their fun stuff while ALSO having eco friendly fluff. Why can't Chrysler?

These "partnerships" need to be far more open to letting their various branches actually serve their respective markets in their fashion. No force authoritarian over-rule just for being involved.
"Shame"
The 44Th President Of The United States Of America within his 1st 3 weeks in office came to the conclusion that Chrysler wasn't a viable standalone business , and therefore putting taxpayers at risk with further bailout funds.
Chrysler needed another Automaker to step-in to run it: Only hand raise was FIAT which was a family-controlled Automaker with the leading family member being John Elkann.
Words like "hamstringing","handicapping" don't apply when it's your own company (John Elkann).

AlexB

Reaction score
I highly doubt that the I6 Hurricane will ever end up in the HD Trucks, so they're going to need to update their V8 engine offering in the HD Trucks at some point no matter what.

Maybe we'll start to hear something about a new HD Truck V8 engine program AFTER the UAW contract is negotiated. And then maybe a little while later, that motor winds up in a very exclusive car/light truck model or two.

Also, just my opinion, but I think the reason everything has been pushed back constantly is because FCA was behind in implementing an electrification strategy, so once they merged with Peugeot, they decided to string out the existing models as long as possible, while they worked on the new multi energy platforms.

After watching them go through multiple near death experiences in my lifetime, I can't find fault with the logic of trying to squeeze out as much $$ from what they had, instead of wasting billions on half assed placeholder products for 2-3 years until the all new platforms were ready. Besides, who knows if they even had enough time to come up with stop gaps that would meet all the regulations.

Just my opinion, but I bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes that goes against the idea that Stellantis is going all 100% electric for the North American Market.

I just don't think this is the time for them to talk about it publicly.
As well, FCA planned for different political outcome and yet needed PHEV's to meet the last administration standards.
Now Stellantis faces Federal and CARB States fines with the current lineup:GM, Stellantis face $9.5 bln in US fuel economy fines -industry group letter
"Encouraging adoption of EVs can reduce petroleum consumption but giving too much credit for that adoption can lead to increased net petroleum use because it enables lower fuel economy among conventional vehicles," DOE said in April."
Updating the HEMI won't get to 40-50 MPG.
"of 58 miles per gallon by boosting requirements 2% per year for passenger cars and 4% annually for pickup trucks and SUVs."

jal11180

Reaction score
I am becoming extremely tired of the useless sentimentality for V8 engines. Stellantis have invested in a turbo straight 6 which is more fuel efficient, produces fewer noxious emissions, and produces more power than the V8s. Time to move on guys. The past is slowly going away, as are people of your ilk. You are hankering for a distant past that is going the way of hula hoops, vinyl 12" long play records and black and white cathode ray tube televisions.

Time to open your minds to the possibilities of the future.
You mean one without lying hypocritical envirotards that act like the Nazis, kind of like everyone that champions the vehicles that ironically cause MORE pollution than the vehicles that they are trying to replace? Yeah, I can imagine your cause as being a fad, as well as a future without you lot. You all had, what, THREE centuries to make electric vehicles work and you STILL have not figured it out yet? You all are the very definition of insanity.

AlexB

Reaction score
You mean one without lying hypocritical envirotards that act like the Nazis, kind of like everyone that champions the vehicles that ironically cause MORE pollution than the vehicles that they are trying to replace? Yeah, I can imagine your cause as being a fad, as well as a future without you lot. You all had, what, THREE centuries to make electric vehicles work and you STILL have not figured it out yet? You all are the very definition of insanity.
You are not the President of the United States:GM, Stellantis face $9.5 bln in US fuel economy fines -industry group letter

TripleT

Reaction score
WHy wont the Hurricane 6 make the HD? It already makes more Torque. It just needs tuned to make it at a lower RPM which can happen with adjustments to when it makes boost.

ScramFan

Reaction score
WHy wont the Hurricane 6 make the HD? It already makes more Torque. It just needs tuned to make it at a lower RPM which can happen with adjustments to when it makes boost.

I don't see an all aluminum engine being used in HD service anywhere else, but I'm not an expert and could be wrong.

TripleT

Reaction score
I don't see an all aluminum engine being used in HD service anywhere else, but I'm not an expert and could be wrong.
but it not really Aluminum anymore in the old sense with PTWA surface lining that is 10 times better than any other lining technology use previously in Al blocks.

Desert Bum

Reaction score
I stated in an earlier post in regards to wear and tear on small displacement turbocharged engines, namely the Ford ECO-Boost (ECO_BOOM) and the huge amount of failures. Attached is a link to back up my statement. MSN

Mopar392

Reaction score
Why can’t DJR have all?
The new BMW CLAR-based cars have BEV, 4 and 6-cylinders ICE only and PHEV 4, 6 and 8-cylinders.
Audi and Porsche are about to do the same.
The new ZF transmission can do that and Stellantis has the license to use.
You can get your credit and offset the ICE only models and you don’t upset the diehard and potential buyers

TripleT

Reaction score
I stated in an earlier post in regards to wear and tear on small displacement turbocharged engines, namely the Ford ECO-Boost (ECO_BOOM) and the huge amount of failures. Attached is a link to back up my statement. MSN
Yeah but so do there large displacement engines ..... the 5.4 is hurrible.

TripleT

Reaction score
Why can’t DJR have all?
The new BMW CLAR-based cars have BEV, 4 and 6-cylinders ICE only and PHEV 4, 6 and 8-cylinders.
Audi and Porsche are about to do the same.
The new ZF transmission can do that and Stellantis has the license to use.
You can get your credit and offset the ICE only models and you don’t upset the diehard and potential buyers
How does this solve the CARB state issues?

Users who are viewing this thread