What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis ready to axe brands [Reuters] - Erik and Dave @ Allpar in bunker mode

cygnus

Reaction score
Everything was in expansion mode under Sergio, no matter what sort of delusion / BS Erik and Dave at Allpar try to spin.

Compare that to this idiot in Paris we have now - https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/stellantis-misses-forecasts-with-h1-drop-revenue-operating-income-2024-07-25/#:~:text=MILAN, July 25 (Reuters),Carlos Tavares said on Thursday.

"If they don't make money, we'll shut them down," Carlos Tavares told reporters after the world's No. 4 automaker delivered worse-than-expected first-half results, sending its shares down as much as 10%. We cannot afford to have brands that do not make money."

Let me correct that for you, moron - US staff and workers, in the absence of LEADERSHIP, will suffer. Because of your lack of LEADERSHIP, and subpar decisions from 2021 through today, no one wants your overpriced product. Because your lack of UNDERSTANDING the US market, YOU, CARLOS TAVARES, have caused this.

For example. Carlos the 2nd The Ultimate Cost Cutter is not on nice terms with some Italian journalists. Just sayin'.

It has to be intentional. They let brands that were skyrocketing in growth 3 years ago completely wither and die by leaving them outdated PLUS making it publicly known that their new direction is one that takes them as far away from what the U.S. consumer wants as possible. And now they're acting surprised that sales numbers are crashing quarter after quarter? Nobody is that stupid....they're doing this on purpose. They don't want to try and compete in the U.S. market.

All the people who criticized the former leadership for "stuffing Hemis wherever they would fit" are now realizing that stuffing Hemis in everything is what sold product. Well, that and the great special editions (TRX, Wrangler 392, Hellcat/Demon, etc.)

I've been saying for 2 years now that once the V8 was gone, this company would sink like a rock in the ocean and here we are.

Everything was in expansion mode under Sergio, no matter what sort of delusion / BS Erik and Dave at Allpar try to spin.

Compare that to this idiot in Paris we have now - https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/stellantis-misses-forecasts-with-h1-drop-revenue-operating-income-2024-07-25/#:~:text=MILAN, July 25 (Reuters),Carlos Tavares said on Thursday.

"If they don't make money, we'll shut them down," Carlos Tavares told reporters after the world's No. 4 automaker delivered worse-than-expected first-half results, sending its shares down as much as 10%. We cannot afford to have brands that do not make money."

Let me correct that for you, moron - US staff and workers, in the absence of LEADERSHIP, will suffer. Because of your lack of LEADERSHIP, and subpar decisions from 2021 through today, no one wants your overpriced product. Because your lack of UNDERSTANDING the US market, YOU, CARLOS TAVARES, have caused this.
Wonder if this rocket scientist ever stopped to consider what his comments might do to potential customers who are , or at least were, considering a stellanus brand vehicle ? Think they might have second thoughts there Mr. Chairman ? Yes he’s beyond a moron.

Tavares is a globalist WEF plant, just like the moron that is running Harley. It is their total 100% intention to destroy what the core American brands are and stand for. Killing the hot rods seemed to be job 1 for Tavares

Economics 101, grow profits by growing a company with best is class goods and cutting edge products. Cutting a company to the bones and chipping away at the bones usually results in the death of any company ! The Chrysler NA Group was a money machine until this foolish butcher got his hands on it ! Try to compete with any Chinese company by lowering products cost below theirs is a foolish adventure that can only end in bankruptcy ! Myself, I blame the Stella board of directors for allowing this moron to destroy the money minting machine Chrysler Group NA and devaluing its net worth ! Where are the overseers ?

The thought in the back of my mind when I bought my first non-Mopar product was, "It's time to get out of Dodge."
I feel you sir ! Any fool can ruin any corporation, it takes a leader to build one, and that ain't Carlos !
I'm keeping my 2020 Challenger as shown. But if a worthwhile contender shows up, I'll go for it. I just hope my pension and bennies from Chrysler Group NA keep coming !?
Back in the mid 1980's and early 2000's I bought 4 Trans Ams. Then GM got rid of Pontiac and I went to Corvettes. When the Challenger came out I leased one and wow, I bought one when the lease was up. Then I got wind of the 6.4 Hemi SP going away and scored a real deal on my new 2020 Challenger. I'm quite happy with this over weight and oversized 2020 and plan to keep It !

I'm predicting the Chrysler brand will get axed over the Thanksgiving Day 4-day weekend. It will be after the election and people will be distracted by football and Black Friday deals. It is not an international holiday so all the overseas markets will still be open. The only questions which remain are which Chinese company will buy the Chrysler brand and will the Dodge brand also share the same fate in the future.

Personally I see this happening sooner perhaps the Labor Day weekend if not sooner ? Three EU countries have run the Chrysler Group NA and milked it's profits until the current shell is all that is left ! Will an Asian owner fare better ? Will a flood of money and talent save what is left ? Personally, I think yes ! The Chinese are shrew business people, not wanna be short term thinkers !
Good Ole Bob Eaton started this mess in 1998 by selling out to the Germans. Eaton took his payoff of $16 million and built a compound in Naples FL. Chairman Lee tried to get the company back but was foiled by fools. So now we have a colossal train wreck !

Tavares is terrible. He is destroying Mopar as we watch. Bad decision after bad, no understanding of the market or customer, and cancelling the competitive advantage of his brands (ie. The Hemi V8) and the unique products that made them (the 300, Challenger, etc.) The Durango was replaced by the JGCL, it’s just not official yet. It’s hard to believe the Stellantis Board has done nothing while this idiot dismantles the company.

IMHO Dodge will be safe, Stellantis has spent far to much money in developing the new Charger EV/ICE models to let that go, Chrysler on the other hand all we have seen is 2 half-baked concepts, unless they're using the Charger as Mules to keep things secret, Move the Pacifica back to Dodge and call it what is should've been all the long the Caravan, Dodge really needs to get the ICE Versions of the Charger 2/4 doors out ASAP. Everything is pure speculation right now or maybe this is Tavares way of lighting a fire under some bums, Fiat just doesn't fit in N American market, Dodge or Ram needs to have a small affordable pickup truck to compete with the likes of the Ford Maverick and other FWD Based Smaller Pickups, The have the Rampage and I honestly think it would be a real competitive option to the Maverick and a potential sales success in the US Market, Jeep needs to get their new products out as well. As for Alfa and Maserati their poor sales performance stems from like most Stellantis products LACK OF Advertising and LACK OF Dealer NETWORK. Last and most important get the costs down, people are not buying because the prices of vehicles have risen 32% across the board since 2018.

Corporations make money by bring out new and updated products. Not by cutting out the heart of a company ! Any fool can destroy a company by gutting it to cut costs, like a vampire sucking the blood out of a host, WTF ?
It's no secret that America and its vaunted schools of higher learning have failed to produce GREAT CEO's. Boeing, GE, FORD, GM, all suffering from a lack of forward thinkers ! If this trend is reversed soon, the named corporations will be sold or broken up and soon, as this recession is just getting started. Add Bank of America to this list as well.

Back