What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report: Jeep Grand Cherokee To Gain New Powertrain For 2025

Stellantis has been overhauling its engine offerings across its brand portfolios in response to increasingly stringent C.A.F.E. regulations. Now, according to our sources, the 2025 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s powertrain is slated to receive significant updates. A Shift Toward Efficiency Since its introduction, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has been synonymous with rugged capability and power. The Grand Cherokee L model, a three-row variant introduced in the 2021 model year, offered a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 and a more robust 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine. Following its debut, the 2022 model year saw the introduction of a two-row version, which included the 2.0 turbocharged … (read full article...)

Image 107.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some hope that the motors and battery capacity will improve for the 2025 2L 4xE refresh.

Disappointing. I currently have a rental 2024 WL L with the V6. It is sluggish and loud. Maybe the upper trim levels would be quieter? We have a 2011 WK2 V8 Overland. While old and I'd like a new car, it is a better driving vehicle than the 2024 rental. I've rented the WL hybrids, they seem to drive better than the 2023 WL L V6, but I'd have test them on the same day to be sure.
Maybe it a extra weight associated to the L or 3rd row... Our WL74 is a order of magnitude better driver than our WD.

Back