Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renegade Name Will Return as Jeep®’s $25,000 Electric SUV

Renegade Name Will Return as Jeep®’s $25,000 Electric SUV​

A Bold Move to Capture the Affordable Electric Vehicle (EV) Market...​

1718287445933.png

In a significant announcement during Stellantis’ Investor Day 2024 at the Chrysler Technical Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Jeep® CEO Antonio Filosa unveiled plans for the return of the Renegade nameplate to the North American market. This time, the Renegade will make its comeback as an all-electric vehicle (BEV) with a starting price just under $25,000. This announcement comes on the heels of Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares’ earlier statement at a Bernstein investor conference, where he mentioned that a $25,000 Jeep BEV would be arriving in the U.S. “very soon.”

TripleT

Reaction score
Admittedly I am not very informed on the specifics of government regulations on electric vehicles, but is not offering for sale something a goal and not a absolute mandate? I believe fleet sales might cover a lot of these mandates and then people can buy what they want. This administration has, I believe, already changed the mix on these rules. Hybrids, in my opinion will cover this issue of electric goals leaving folks like me to buy my gasoline power vehicle. Personally I believe these mandates will last only until the next election and if things play out as polls suggest, these rules will change again. If we as Americans believe in free market Capitalism and consumer choice, than our voting decisions on those making these rules will reflect those values. Electric vehicles have a place, and a market, but above all free choice reigns supreme. Biding my time on this issue seems sound at this point.
Let explain again. Here in the USA, we have federal government the has exceeded its constitutional (some will say) authority that regulates automotive emissions. Then you have individual municipalities called States that also have chosen to individually regulate emissions. This was taken all the way up to Supreme Court, and they have found that they can regulate the emissions to the individual states. Over half the population live in these municipalities.

So, it doesn't matter which old man is elected these States will continue to have the right to regulate emissions. I hope you now understand why the election ONLY matter from a Federal regulatory atmosphere which helps only those in Non-CARB states.

So, half the population in 28' model year, ICE will face such punitive fines that it is an effective mandate. These escalate until they are complete ban in 35'. To do business with half the population OEM must plan for those regulatory realities. Now there is a chance they will push these back, but there doesn't seem to be governmental momentum at all in those states in fact the opposite. It is not business plan to how they change suddenly.

AlexB

Reaction score
Let explain again. Here in the USA, we have federal government the has exceeded its constitutional (some will say) authority that regulates automotive emissions. Then you have individual municipalities called States that also have chosen to individually regulate emissions. This was taken all the way up to Supreme Court, and they have found that they can regulate the emissions to the individual states. Over half the population live in these municipalities.

So, it doesn't matter which old man is elected these States will continue to have the right to regulate emissions. I hope you now understand why the election ONLY matter from a Federal regulatory atmosphere which helps only those in Non-CARB states.

So, half the population in 28' model year, ICE will face such punitive fines that it is an effective mandate. These escalate until they are complete ban in 35'. To do business with half the population OEM must plan for those regulatory realities. Now there is a chance they will push these back, but there doesn't seem to be governmental momentum at all in those states in fact the opposite. It is not business plan to how they change suddenly.
And for those Non-CARB states, in 2028 it can swing another way on the Federal level.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the style your AI image generator is coming up with, I know a few Spanish designers that should be sweeting ...

lol. It is all based on what program, how much detail, and how much time you are willing to take to get an image. I went through about 30 images to get that one just the way I liked it.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ford and Toyota are mostly single brand companies.... I suppose that is more easy.

Users who are viewing this thread