Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Larry rumor claims:Panda Jeep coming to U.S., and Dodge dead 2021

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score

AlexB

Reaction score
Not to pile on,but another sample of Larry article being BS is the Jeep Truck:http://www.toledoblade.com/business...p-toledo-assembly-complex/stories/20180923047

"That second plant won’t reopen for the Jeep pickup production until sometime during the first half of next year."
Larry falsely states "late 2018".

I note the local UAW Union wants a third shift instead of FCA's use of overtime and light weekend production. They also want Toledo another plant because the locals (including the state) carved off significant real estate for FCA's use....(not going to happen but somethings to lookout for in the upcoming UAW contract bargaining ).

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to pile on,but another sample of Larry article being BS is the Jeep Truck:http://www.toledoblade.com/business...p-toledo-assembly-complex/stories/20180923047

I note the local UAW Union wants a third shift instead of FCA's use of overtime and light weekend production. They also want Toledo another plant because the locals (including the state) carved off significant real estate for FCA's use....(not going to happen but somethings to lookout for in the upcoming UAW contract bargaining ).

Good find.

Freshforged

Reaction score

3rd shift would be much better in the long term, so long as they can keep up with the maintenance of the line. But it would also mean a significant investment in the workforce. Still, between the quality of output from Toledo, the backing by the local gov, and the demand for all things Wrangler it might be a good investment. Course that’s easy for me to say...it’s not my money!

TripleT

Reaction score
As jk phases out JL production will need to ramp up, then JT will start but really is it more then the JK and KL unless JL can be made at a quicker clip?

Users who are viewing this thread