Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HARMONY-IN-MOTION: Meet The Chrysler Halcyon Concept

Chrysler has unveiled its latest concept car, the Halcyon Concept, offering a sneak peek into the brand’s vision for the future of automotive design. With a blend of innovation, sustainability, and personalized driving experiences, the Halcyon Concept is set to revolutionize the way we perceive electric vehicles. STLA Large Platform – The STLA Large platform is the backbone of the Chrysler Halcyon Concept, providing a solid foundation for its electrified future. This platform is specifically designed to accommodate electric vehicles (EVs), ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. Think of the STLA Large platform as the framework of a building. It’s engineered … (read full article...)

CN024_004CHlehnhqtpcgoun534jmv4o054l5.jpeg

bill burke

Reaction score
Shocking! I’m flabbergasted at what Chrysler has presented. Clearly not a production ready vehicle it is however, in my opinion, a true concept of possibilities and a directional goal post for the entire brand.
How this concept transitions into reality and product is the question that remains. What is evident is that Chrysler has the tools and talent to relaunch the brand. I’ll be honest and state I long for the classic Chrysler I lusted after for decades, but pragmatic enough to give the new generation a chance to define what Chrysler must be to succeed in a very new world.
What encourages me the most is that this concept is beautiful and does define a distinctive design language that is appealing and bold. It’s also a coupe that, as a production model, could be the halo car the brand needs to define the new Chrysler. It’s so damn seductive. Sure I want something close to this concept built, and soon.
What worries me is that in being a true concept it will be lost in translation to production vehicles as it depends too much, again my opinion, on gimmicks of technology that have a wow factor but too ambitious and potentially a reliability nightmare that a brand seeking a second shot at public acceptance and desirability could be its own downfall. Keep it simple stupid is good advice.
Essentially, the Halcyon concept is less a fond memory of better days past but a vision of better days to come. If anything it is not just another Euro inspired hatchback but an attention getting coupe. Yes, a coupe Chrysler that, my opinion again, MUST put on the road ASAP. Well done guys!

200C Ghost

Reaction score
Shocking! I’m flabbergasted at what Chrysler has presented. Clearly not a production ready vehicle it is however, in my opinion, a true concept of possibilities and a directional goal post for the entire brand.
How this concept transitions into reality and product is the question that remains. What is evident is that Chrysler has the tools and talent to relaunch the brand. I’ll be honest and state I long for the classic Chrysler I lusted after for decades, but pragmatic enough to give the new generation a chance to define what Chrysler must be to succeed in a very new world.
What encourages me the most is that this concept is beautiful and does define a distinctive design language that is appealing and bold. It’s also a coupe that, as a production model, could be the halo car the brand needs to define the new Chrysler. It’s so damn seductive. Sure I want something close to this concept built, and soon.
What worries me is that in being a true concept it will be lost in translation to production vehicles as it depends too much, again my opinion, on gimmicks of technology that have a wow factor but too ambitious and potentially a reliability nightmare that a brand seeking a second shot at public acceptance and desirability could be its own downfall. Keep it simple stupid is good advice.
Essentially, the Halcyon concept is less a fond memory of better days past but a vision of better days to come. If anything it is not just another Euro inspired hatchback but an attention getting coupe. Yes, a coupe Chrysler that, my opinion again, MUST put on the road ASAP. Well done guys!
Hold your horses Bill! We have been spoiled in years past by Chrysler FCA and Damiler concepts that dazzle but when they went into production, they were duds! The 200s, Sebring, Dart are some examples.

Mike201

Reaction score
Seriously? Another concept car set for 20 years into the future. Outside of the EV system on the large platform, don’t see much of this being a production car anytime soon. I would have rather seen the Airflow Graphite go into production. Digging the hole deeper for Chrysler. Just an fyi for them you only need to dig down 6 feet!

TripleT

Reaction score
So we are angry about getting a lovely concept now????
This Forum where we used talk seriousnly about automotive industry has decended in Lead paint get off my lawn Boomerism

bill burke

Reaction score
Hold your horses Bill! We have been spoiled in years past by Chrysler FCA and Damiler concepts that dazzle but when they went into production, they were duds! The 200s, Sebring, Dart are some examples.
Why hold my horses, why not celebrate something that defines and imagines ? I agree, this is not a production ready vehicle, but it is a vehicle that takes electric doubters like me, to a position of being excited about electric. Something that, lets be fair, allows Chrysler to be THE all electric brand for our North American piece of global region. Yes, I said it, all electric brand.
Maybe my desire for Chrysler success has biased my reaction, but this thing speaks to me and it says “giddy app Trigger.”

bill burke

Reaction score
Seriously? Another concept car set for 20 years into the future. Outside of the EV system on the large platform, don’t see much of this being a production car anytime soon. I would have rather seen the Airflow Graphite go into production. Digging the hole deeper for Chrysler. Just an fyi for them you only need to dig down 6 feet!
You could borrow my rose colored glasses. I am not put off by the shinning light of imagination that tells the world “ Chrysler is NOT dead”. Let’s not call in the undertaker, let’s call in the MC, it’s time to rise again and shout from the housetops. Hear ye, hear ye, see the future and rejoice!

Mike201

Reaction score
You could borrow my rose colored glasses. I am not put off by the shinning light of imagination that tells the world “ Chrysler is NOT dead”. Let’s not call in the undertaker, let’s call in the MC, it’s time to rise again and shout from the housetops. Hear ye, hear ye, see the future and rejoice!
Ok Bill I will give it a try. I do NOT want Chrysler or Dodge to go away. I am 58 and have owned nothing but Mopar since my first car in 1981! I will look at the positives and hope for the rise of Chrysler!!

JohnRogers

Reaction score
I can't help but react with, meh. I think I would have been more excited by a production Airflow, like seeing what's happening with Charger. I admit my pessimism is influenced by the zombie Chrysler brand. I hope I'm wrong. I hope this a sign of Chrysler's Art and Science, a design language that changes the perception of a stodgy brand spread over several models. We need to see something more than a mini-van for MY 2025.

bill burke

Reaction score
Ok Bill I will give it a try. I do NOT want Chrysler or Dodge to go away. I am 58 and have owned nothing but Mopar since my first car in 1981! I will look at the positives and hope for the rise of Chrysler!!
Maybe I should go into the religious revival business Mike. I’ve got a few years on you, I’m 78 and I bought my first Mopar, a 1956 Plymouth Belvedere ‘V-8 in 1963. All Mopar since, so I guess for me It’s a religion. Let’s keep the faith together Mike and pray for good things reciting that famous automotive commandment. “ And on the seventh day God created the HEMI.” Can I get an AMEN ?

TripleT

Reaction score
If ever design language introduction is meet wit Meh, they are in for a long run making a single model like what happened to Lancia…. Which just now is getting a new model.

FCA spent a ton on models for Chrysler is just turned out to be a shrinking segments.

ROI has to be there, it keeps introducing trial ballon’s, and people just bitch and wonder why nothing gets built.

cgseller

Reaction score
I have to admit, you surprised me Bill. I agree with you, the end result will have to remove a lot of the features as implemented due to safety and compliance requirements. As you (and Bob) said it is clearly setting the nature of Chrysler to be a slight throwback to bold and forward engineering and innovation. It was said before, but this clearly sets the tone that Chrysler will be the brand to bleed new ideas and concepts for the rest of the company.

cgseller

Reaction score
You mean like this one? Concept We Forgot: 1987 Chrysler Lamborghini Portofino . :)

gapgap3063

Reaction score
HEY BILL! GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR! THIS FROM THE DETROIT FREE PRESS-2/13/2024 -Brand CEO Christine Feuell told journalists at the company’s design dome in Auburn Hills recently that she wanted a name representing harmony in motion. That name, according to Merriam-Webster, also evokes a sense of nostalgia for better days past. The vehicle showcasing what’s described as the future design direction for the Chrysler brand isn’t an SUV or even a minivan. Feuell reminded the group that the Chrysler brand, which is essentially the Pacifica minivan with the departure of the 300 sedan, had not seen much investment for a long time before the merger that created Stellantis in 2021. However, Chrysler sold more 133,000 vehicles in the United States last year, representing a 19% bump from 2022, and Feuell noted that “we made a very good profit last year.”Halcyon represents a more future-looking, and Feuell would say edgier, vision than the Airflow concept, which the company had unveiled at CES in 2022, Feuell promised a “really healthy cadence of new product development and launches” starting with that first battery electric vehicle in 2025, don’t expect to see a Halcyon production vehicle rolling off an assembly line next year. But, Feuell said she’d love to put the Halcyon into production as soon as possible but couldn’t speak to any specifics on that front, an acknowledgement of the aspirational nature of what was shown. She also addressed the fact that the vehicle is built as a car and not as a crossover, noting that “if you can give the customer a really clever solution in a car platform that really recaptures the joy of driving in a stunning design then you have something here.” Me? My take? Feuell want's to produce a sedan because she has hinted over, and over, about Chrysler returning to this segment they were once strong in, despite the current trends? ( Also Ralph Gilles said it best "We the producers start the trends") Me as a 300 owner, I just want to see another beautiful sedan! along with a cuv, suv, new mini, ETC? just get the darn things made! love my gas powered 300! but i realize bev's are a future purchase. I have BLED MOPAR SINCE BIRTH! I'm 60 in age, so by 65, my 300C will be 10 years old plus. and we will want a new sedan, I hope it can be a Chrysler! and then i will put the ole 300 in the empty extra spot in our big 2 car garage next to the new one? I pray!

Last edited:

jimboy

Reaction score
If ever design language introduction is meet wit Meh, they are in for a long run making a single model like what happened to Lancia…. Which just now is getting a new model.

FCA spent a ton on models for Chrysler is just turned out to be a shrinking segments.

ROI has to be there, it keeps introducing trial ballon’s, and people just bitch and wonder why nothing gets built.
"FCA wasted a ton on the wrong models for Chrysler" fixed that for you. They can't afford another mistake, that's for sure!

AlexB

Reaction score

Here is my reaction from this morning on this latest Chrysler concept
Understand.
But my question is:Why would the EV Buyer purchase it over a Tesla? Stellantis will try to keep the front & rear design, the rest would be up in the air.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Understand.
But my question is:Why would the EV Buyer purchase it over a Tesla? Stellantis will try to keep the front & rear design, the rest would be up in the air.

Who knows. Tesla has their niche of tech savvy owners... Chrysler has also been the "blue collar luxury" brand and they have abandoned that model and it has shown over the past 6 years with no one product and now a radical change in direction.

Users who are viewing this thread